Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ophelia (242-262 Queen St S) | 11 fl | U/C
Ophelia (242-262 Queen St S)
11 floors rental residential
Vive Developments

Current render:

Original render below:

[Image: 04_242QueenStreetEastCondo_Kitchener_Con...24x532.jpg]

Good find Tomh009, it seems 242 Queen St S is home to Oneroof Youth Services so I don't think it is there.

They also need a design concept for something labeled Phoenix One, no idea where that is located either.
http://neoarchitecture.ca/portfolio-item...chener-on/
The silhouettes in the the 242 Queen St address would almost seem to fit the Roof location.

The Phoenix One almost looks like the grade at 59 Weber (@ Scott. and it has a 59 in the render):
[Image: opt-11_ThePhoenixOne_Kitchener_Concept_1...24x576.jpg]
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-21-2018, 10:02 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: The silhouettes in the the 242 Queen St address would almost seem to fit the Roof location.

Yeah, the building to the right in the render is pretty distinctive and seems to be 253 Queen St S.

(05-22-2018, 11:46 AM)highlander Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 10:02 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: The silhouettes in the the 242 Queen St address would almost seem to fit the Roof location.

Yeah, the building to the right in the render is pretty distinctive and seems to be 253 Queen St S.

So that means the render would actually be from the Victoria Park side, with Queen St S behind the building, right?
(05-21-2018, 09:44 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Good find Tomh009, it seems 242 Queen St S is home to Oneroof Youth Services so I don't think it is there. 

The 242 Queen St S property is also quite narrow so unlikely to fit this one (unless it were to be built sideways). Next door at 226 is Daring Residential Home. Could this possibly be a government project to build a bigger facility?
(05-21-2018, 08:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: 242 Queen St E in Kitchener doesn't really exist … so where is this project? This is from
http://neoarchitecture.ca/our-work/

I noticed that Bullas Travel has moved to 209 Frederick perhaps making this project more likely?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(05-21-2018, 08:20 PM)tomh009 Wrote: 242 Queen St E in Kitchener doesn't really exist … so where is this project? This is from

It really is 242-262 Queen St. S. A public information session coming next week:

I'd rather see this up the street at Joseph, but one takes what one can get.   I'd be sad to see 254 Queen come down -- i remember when it was the office and home of Dr W.G. MacDonald, my family's physician for three generations (father of Rev. Dr. Grant MacDonald, who died earlier this year).  It surprises me a bit that OneRoof (262) might come down - it's not that many years since the building was renovated and expanded.

I take it that this would be a rental project?

P.S.  Safe to assume that the render, above, shows the project from the rear (I hope!)
If the render is showing the Queen Street view it is ugly.  I hope the city doesn't allow a parking lot in front of the building.  Otherwise the design is okay.
(08-03-2018, 12:35 PM)jgsz Wrote: If the render is showing the Queen Street view it is ugly.  I hope the city doesn't allow a parking lot in front of the building.  Otherwise the design is okay.

I was thinking the same thing.
I would like to get a street-facing view. Odd that they have only provided the one render.
I can't even find the render on Neo Architects website anymore.

(08-03-2018, 01:20 AM)tomh009 Wrote:

It really is 242-262 Queen St. S. A public information session coming next week:

Nice....very nice, fits in perfectly with the neighbourhood. Not overly big so that it drowns out the building along there, and in fact, scales perfectly with the York, the senior apartment, and the apartment on the corner.
One interesting tidbit is that Vive also owns 51 David St, which almost backs onto these properties. Will that somehow become part of this development?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »