Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
(08-10-2018, 02:47 PM)jgsz Wrote: I use a desktop, laptop and an iPad.  I use Chrome on all three.  I can’t post pictures on any of them except on the iPad and only if I take a new pic.  Not good.

OK, I will investigate.

Testing photo attachment ... Choose file, Add Attachment, Insert Into Post. Current Chrome on Windows 10.

Which step fails on your desktop browser?
I can choose the file.  It appears right beside 'Choose File.' IMG_2684JPG.   (Shouldn't that appear on the line below 'Choose File?') I add attachment (I can see it uploading).   It uploads and all I see after that is 'No file chosen.'  But I discovered this morning I can upload images in Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer).   However I prefer to use Chrome....
Hmm.  That's different from the behaviour I see on my (Windows 10) Chrome. Don't know why. Possible some Chrome update (which are silent and mysterious) could have broken, and will be fixed later.

P.S. Edge much, much better than Internet Explorer. Smile
Testing images with Chrome in iOS...
(08-11-2018, 07:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Testing images with Chrome in iOS...

Nope, that one doesn't work for me, either.
Have you tried disabling your chrome plugins, jgsz? I find that a plug-in can often break certain webpages in unexpected ways.

(08-12-2018, 09:59 AM)jamincan Wrote: Have you tried disabling your chrome plugins, jgsz? I find that a plug-in can often break certain webpages in unexpected ways.

I can’t remember downloading any plugins but I’ll check.  This issue only came up when we moved to Kitchener and changed servers.  My husband has the same issues on his iPad and laptop.
Argh... I somehow clicked Desktop on my phone/mobile device and can’t get back to the mobile theme. There seems to be no way to do this. How can I get back to the mobile theme?

Clicking “mobile” on the header just goes to a page saying “you don’t have to do anthrind, it just works” (but it doesn’t).
(08-15-2018, 07:09 PM)Canard Wrote: Argh... I somehow clicked Desktop on my phone/mobile device and can’t get back to the mobile theme. There seems to be no way to do this. How can I get back to the mobile theme?

Clicking “mobile” on the header just goes to a page saying “you don’t have to do anthrind, it just works” (but it doesn’t).

Try clearing your browser cookies
Didn’t work.
(08-15-2018, 07:09 PM)Canard Wrote: Argh... I somehow clicked Desktop on my phone/mobile device and can’t get back to the mobile theme. There seems to be no way to do this. How can I get back to the mobile theme?

Do you even know how you switched to the desktop version?  I don't see that as an option anywhere
No, I was trying to reply to something and nearly dropped my phone, fumbled the screen.

FYI when you click mobile at the top, the link on that page is still broken.

I think I actually need to get rid of that. That fubcui seems to be unavailable in the new versions of mybb
Scroll to the bottom of the home page. There should be a drop down that will allow you to select the mobile theme.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »