Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
(08-16-2018, 09:24 AM)creative Wrote: Scroll to the bottom of the home page. There should be a drop down that will allow you to select the mobile theme.

Not seeing any kind of drop-down anywhere near the bottom of the page. Where are you seeing that?

Bottom right corner of the page:

It does seem that if you select Glowing as the theme, the option to switch disappears.
(08-16-2018, 06:41 AM)Canard Wrote: No, I was trying to reply to something and nearly dropped my phone, fumbled the screen.

FYI when you click mobile at the top, the link on that page is still broken.

Did you try clearing all your cache on your mobile?
(08-16-2018, 12:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Bottom right corner of the page:

Uhhhh....?

I think if you switch out of the "glowing" theme in the options section of your profile (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/u...on=options) the ability to switch back to mobile should reappear in the lower right as described.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
OK, not so much of an issue, more of a suggestion.

When someone replies to someone's comment, or thread if they started one, there is no way of knowing who, if anyone, is replying to your comment.
Usually, I have to scan each thread to see where I posted and to see if there were any replies. Yet, today I found an old reply (from July 31) to me, asking me a question, but I never saw it because I must have skipped it somehow. If we had some sort of messaging system that let us know who has replied to a comment of ours, it would be great. Redflagdeals has something like that, as do other sites. Not sure if this site is able to do that or not though. Or perhaps it's in one of my settings but I can find it.

(08-16-2018, 10:18 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: I think if you switch out of the "glowing" theme in the options section of your profile (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/u...on=options) the ability to switch back to mobile should reappear in the lower right as described.

Maybe we should disable the glowing theme ...
That would probably be the better option. It makes it more difficult to manage bugs if people are using more themes. Limiting it to two (desktop and mobile) is probably not a bad idea.

As for getting reply notifications: I think that's a limitation of the forum software, but I could be wrong.
(08-17-2018, 10:39 AM)jamincan Wrote: As for getting reply notifications: I think that's a limitation of the forum software, but I could be wrong.

Adding MyAlerts should enable that capability:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html
(08-17-2018, 01:11 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 10:39 AM)jamincan Wrote: As for getting reply notifications: I think that's a limitation of the forum software, but I could be wrong.

Adding MyAlerts should enable that capability:
https://community.mybb.com/thread-171301.html

So can we add that?
We'll need to wait for Spokes for that. Smile
OMG. I went to the theme you guys said on my phone, and that's fine, yay, it looks mobile. I did that through my User CP.

...now it's like that on all my desktop devices, too! And there is no way to access the User CP once you're in mobile! I'm locked into this theme now and nothing is accessable....

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

...there isn't even a Log-Out button. This is insane
I cleared my cache, thinking I'd be able to then log back in and get to my user CP to change the theme back to the green one which works... the page looked normal after I went back (logged out since the cache was cleared) but as soon as I logged back in it went back to the mobile/ultra simple theme) and there is no way to get it back. Can a mod please edit my account or something to set mine back to the green theme?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »