Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
119 Joseph St
Anybody know a way to get the contact info for the property owner? They have a sign out front with an email address but when I try it, I have it returned.
I Googled the name and came up with everything but who I was looking for....

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry for the sideways pic
Just found this (it wasn't up the last time I looked)

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=we...Qwgsn81syw
Demolition permit for 119 Joseph St (Water at Joseph):
"Permit is for loss of dwelling unit due to change of use to non-residential building"

Demolition fence already around the perimeter.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(08-27-2018, 10:10 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Demolition permit for 119 Joseph St (Water at Joseph):
"Permit is for loss of dwelling unit due to change of use to non-residential building"

Is this a partial demolition?  I was thinking that the house had heritage protection.  Perhaps I am mistaken?
(08-27-2018, 10:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 10:10 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Demolition permit for 119 Joseph St (Water at Joseph):

Is this a partial demolition?  I was thinking that the house had heritage protection.  Perhaps I am mistaken?

It's indeed in the heritage district.

My interpretation of the building permit is that it's basically an interior demolition to convert it into commercial space. Not sure what is being done with the "convenience store extension" or other later modifications to the original building.
(08-28-2018, 11:21 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 10:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Is this a partial demolition?  I was thinking that the house had heritage protection.  Perhaps I am mistaken?

It's indeed in the heritage district.

My interpretation of the building permit is that it's basically an interior demolition to convert it into commercial space. Not sure what is being done with the "convenience store extension" or other later modifications to the original building.

I seem to recall a description and/or render of something proposed a couple of years back, but I don't recall the details.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »