Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Oktoberfest can/should be a great opportunity to show off LRVs at every occasion.

(10-04-2018, 09:31 PM)KevinL Wrote: So, not Charles at all then. Thanks, Tom.

Wow, tough crowd. 

You would have found it anyway, I’m sure...
Forgive my late evening snark, I should have realized a single councillor is not responsible for Ion's publicity.
Does he have a special role compared to other regional councilors with regards to ION? Or is he just super involved/invested?
I finally saw an LRV today, crossing Northfield headed towards Conestoga Mall. The arms came down long before it reached the crossing, then it raced off up Northfield and was stopped by the lights at the next intersection long enough I caught up with it again.
I'm just going to call in sick for work and wander around till I see one. At this rate it won't be until the grand opening that I FINALLY see one in all it's glory!
It seems like I see them a few times a week, near the R&T Park. I saw one at the UW station today when I was out at lunch time.

(10-05-2018, 12:25 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'm just going to call in sick for work and wander around till I see one. At this rate it won't  be until the grand opening that I FINALLY see one in all it's glory!

The promotional tem is hoping to have one available to tour at a weekend event soon.
Yes!!!
I hope they release the schedule well in advance
So I saw on the news that the traffic signals on Courtland by the dealership are still bagged. Wonder what's the delay? 511 was unloaded two weeks ago and hasn't been heard from since. Wonder what's up with that? Last report said 502, 503, 504 would be ready late Sept/early Oct, 10 days into October and no news to be heard! IMHO we will not start in December, lol

PS : Wonder when the next monthly report is coming out? After the election?

Thank you.
Still bagged because the expropriation stuff is still ongoing between dealership and Region.

512 is on the way.

Fully expecting March-April 2019 announcement shortly after election.
Announcement? Re phase 2?

When I first read your message I was like, opening got bumped to march or April?!?!

(10-10-2018, 05:12 AM)Canard Wrote: Still bagged because the expropriation stuff is still ongoing between dealership and Region.

512 is on the way.

Has 512 shipped? If so when? This is the first I heard of that.
(10-10-2018, 05:12 AM)Canard Wrote: Still bagged because the expropriation stuff is still ongoing between dealership and Region.

512 is on the way.

Likely after the election. Though unsure if people actually would care, or even know what's happening. We WRC people are a unique bunch.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »