Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kitchener City Council Election Discussion
Thanks! The debate is on live here:
https://www.rogerstv.com/show?lid=12&rid=22&sid=7863

If I was ward 9. It would be between Melissa Bowman or Philip Molto.
(10-21-2018, 09:10 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: So I am watching the debate on Rogers TV for ward 9. Tia Driver opens her pitch with. "Unlike others here I have the education to to serve you well ". Then goes on to provide her C.V. With is mostly educational based. I can't believe she just felt she is better because she is working on her Masters. Wow. I am no in ward 9 but I sure wouldn't vote for her based on her view point.

Yes,  she has rubbed me the wrong way since I first heard her speak when she insisted that it was impossible to go to Victoria Park without seeing "needles strewn everywhere".
(10-21-2018, 09:50 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:10 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: So I am watching the debate on Rogers TV for ward 9. Tia Driver opens her pitch with. "Unlike others here I have the education to to serve you well ". Then goes on to provide her C.V. With is mostly educational based. I can't believe she just felt she is better because she is working on her Masters. Wow. I am no in ward 9 but I sure wouldn't vote for her based on her view point.

Yes,  she has rubbed me the wrong way since I first heard her speak when she insisted that it was impossible to go to Victoria Park without seeing "needles strewn everywhere".

But she does support path lighting that would make it seem "like July 4th"!
(10-21-2018, 09:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:50 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Yes,  she has rubbed me the wrong way since I first heard her speak when she insisted that it was impossible to go to Victoria Park without seeing "needles strewn everywhere".

But she does support path lighting that would make it seem "like July 4th"!

OMG. You obviously watched it too. I looked twice when she said that. Amoung other things too. But to be fair, I never want to take away from a person who involves themselves with the electoral process. This is what makes municipal elections interesting. Anyone who feels a civic duty has a voice. So I do give her credit for taking risk and trying.....
(10-21-2018, 10:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 09:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote: But she does support path lighting that would make it seem "like July 4th"!

OMG. You obviously watched it too. I looked twice when she said that. Amoung other things too. But to be fair, I never want to take away from a person who involves themselves with the electoral process. This is what makes municipal elections interesting. Anyone who feels a civic duty has a voice. So I do give her credit for taking risk and trying.....

OMG Rainirder22, I think your intention is to bash Driver. You stated your not from Ward 9, but are bad mouthing a canadiated you can't even vote for. What kind logic is that?  Who's camp are you from; Molto, Bowman or Chapman? 

If the major issue with Driver is that she's too smart then I'm ok with that. At least she's not a liar, airhead or copy-cat like the other candidates in ward 9. I've met that girl and she's got some good ideas, like reading the city's budget and reviewing provincial laws. 

I'm voting for her because she's smart, young , and I'm sick of the good old boys club on council  Big Grin
(10-22-2018, 09:22 AM)BrainyWise Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: OMG. You obviously watched it too. I looked twice when she said that. Amoung other things too. But to be fair, I never want to take away from a person who involves themselves with the electoral process. This is what makes municipal elections interesting. Anyone who feels a civic duty has a voice. So I do give her credit for taking risk and trying.....

OMG Rainirder22, I think your intention is to bash Driver. You stated your not from Ward 9, but are bad mouthing a canadiated you can't even vote for. What kind logic is that?  Who's camp are you from; Molto, Bowman or Chapman? 

If the major issue with Driver is that she's too smart then I'm ok with that. At least she's not a liar, airhead or copy-cat like the other candidates in ward 9. I've met that girl and she's got some good ideas, like reading the city's budget and reviewing provincial laws. 

I'm voting for her because she's smart, young , and I'm sick of the good old boys club on council  Big Grin
You are incorrect..  I was appalled at her opening statement which she tries to validate herself as being better than the others because of her educational aspirations.  Clearly you didn't read what I posted.  That inst bashing, that is pointing out arrogance and ignorance.  Voting for the other two candidates to whom I suggested does not advocate as you say "the good old boys club"   Obviously you also didn't read the part where I was speaking well of her for taking the time and energy to run for a position.  I respect anyone who furthers the electoral process.

(10-21-2018, 08:17 PM)Spokes Wrote: With the revelation that a Ward 7 candidate was campaigning outside of the advance polls, does there seem to be more shady activity by candidates this election than in the past?

Candidates trying to get away with things only to play dumb or ask forgiveness when caught?

It's unfortunate as I was planning on voting for her. Lost my vote based on that action alone.
(10-22-2018, 09:22 AM)BrainyWise Wrote:
(10-21-2018, 10:11 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: OMG. You obviously watched it too. I looked twice when she said that. Amoung other things too. But to be fair, I never want to take away from a person who involves themselves with the electoral process. This is what makes municipal elections interesting. Anyone who feels a civic duty has a voice. So I do give her credit for taking risk and trying.....

You're calling Rainrider out for "bashing" and accusing him of being in a "camp" in the same comment that you call the other candidates liars, air heads, and copy cats.

I don't always agree with him, but unlike you, he actually backed up his assertions with specific statements made by the candidate.

As for your reasons for voting, none of the candidates are old, stupid, or incumbent, and only one is a "boy".
Kitchener has an interactive map of election results down to the "voting subdivision."

Poll by poll results are on the open data portal.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »