Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
What is?

(10-24-2018, 12:08 PM)Canard Wrote: What is?

505, 507, 509 and 511. Wink
(10-24-2018, 12:12 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA  thats awesome...
(10-24-2018, 12:12 PM)tomh009 Wrote:

*ba dum tss*
Yes, it's another LRT testing photo. But it looked too good against the Market Square background and the cloudy sky not to snap a photo of it.

It looks like the photographer was /not/ standing behind the yellow line. Tsk.

Nice jab, but “The photographer” was actually standing on the designated crossing, along with everyone else walking to and from the platform. Rail Safety is paramount to me, unlike those who I saw actually walking on the rubber matting of the tracks just to get a “better shot”.
I've noticed now that there are regular trains out and about the tracks are starting to get their shine back!

Managed to stop by the open house at UW today where 509 was on hand.

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I look forward to the first photos that show the new panel (on the right) finally installed.
(10-26-2018, 10:26 PM)Markster Wrote: I look forward to the first photos that show the new panel (on the right) finally installed.

Well I snuck this photo of 511 the other day.... As close as we can get for now? Tongue 

It's amazing what a story there is behind that little square, and just how much trouble it has caused between so many parties.
(10-26-2018, 08:46 AM)timio Wrote: It looks like the photographer was /not/ standing behind the yellow line.  Tsk.

Uh, it’s parked?

What next, will I be chastised for operating the points in front of the Redpath Sugar Refinery in Toronto when I was there with my kid?

Hmm... they're out early today. There was at least 2 out at the time of writing this post.

IDs: 511, 507

Time of Writing: 2018-10-27T08:23EDT (Saturday, October 27, 2018 8:23 AM EDT)
(10-26-2018, 11:42 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 08:46 AM)timio Wrote: It looks like the photographer was /not/ standing behind the yellow line.  Tsk.

Uh, it’s parked?

What next, will I be chastised for operating the points in front of the Redpath Sugar Refinery in Toronto when I was there with my kid?

I was being facetious. Text doesn't really do a good job of conveying tone or intent.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »