Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Other Forum Issues
Ya I did some reading and got myself up to speed on all of this.

Every time there's a post in this thread it's pure panic over here haha

(10-17-2018, 05:09 PM)KevinL Wrote: It's not flashing red lights at me, but if I click the address bar in Chrome this pops up:

[Image: CtftsHF.png]

yeah that's basically what I'm seeing.
Ya, Markster nailed it, browsers just flagging sites without an SSL certificate.
As Markster wrote, letsencrypt is the right thing. If your hosting provider is making that hard we should look at getting a new hosting provider. We do have the know-how here on this forum to do that. Let us know if we can help!
As Markster wrote, letsencrypt is the right thing. If your hosting provider is making that hard we should look at getting a new hosting provider. We do have the know-how here on this forum to do that. Let us know if we can help!

Thanks again for keeping the site up, Spokes! It's not that much fun sometimes. But rewarding, I hope.
Thanks Plam. I'll definitely be reaching out when getting the SSL set up. I've read a bit so far and understand some of it, but not all of it.

It's definitely been rewarding. The times I've loved it FAR outweigh the times I've been crazy stressed about it. I love the community we've got here.
What is up with the moderation message for new posts? An anti-spam thing?

What is this garbage?

(10-25-2018, 06:27 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: What is up with the moderation message for new posts? An anti-spam thing?

Supposed to be only for new registrations.  Not sure what's going on.  Working on it.
(10-25-2018, 09:42 PM)Canard Wrote: What is this garbage?

Thanks for your post. We're working on the problem.
I don't see the banner anymore.
Sorry about that everyone, not sure what happened. Like I said, it's a function we put in to slow spam down. Just testing everything now, but looks good so far. If there are still some issues, please let me know.
(10-25-2018, 10:17 PM)bgb_ca Wrote: I don't see the banner anymore.

Temporarily just assumed everyone was a spammer Wink

The real-time read/unread feature now in the "New Posts" page is amazing.

Thanks Spokes.
(01-28-2019, 11:49 PM)Chris Wrote: The real-time read/unread feature now in the "New Posts" page is amazing.

Thanks Spokes.

What? Real-time updates? How do I enable this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »