Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Charlie West (Charles & Gaukel) | 31 fl | Complete
I'm pretty sure that's just an error. I bought a unit and I'd have heard if they added more floors.

Found some cool pictures of the Charlie West model (I assume at the sales center):  http://xortus.com/portfolio/charlie-west-condos/

This has probably been brought up before, but it just occurred to me that the light pattern in that decorative bit on the manulife side (covering the parking garage?) is a map of the arterial roads downtown!
I totally missed that! Very cool.

I just found out that the metal fins spell out a message in binary code:  "who we are cannot be separated from where we're from"  VERY COOL.

Lots of good info in this PDF:  https://condovilleclub.com/wp-content/up...ochure.pdf
It's funny that brochure has the project listed as 26 floors.
That's funny. The model also appears to have 26 floors.
That downtown street map is on the Charles St side, so if it survives to the final version it will be visible from the Ion station.

The project was originally 26 floors, but another 5 were added due to demand. The tower ended up with three distinct sections, up to 24 there's the original standard layout, 25-28 have a somewhat different layout with more small units that was new for the added floors, and 29-31 have a penthouse layout (originally would have been used on just 25-26).

Looking good, I just they'd pick a colour other than grey.
The hole is getting bigger! I hadn't been by to look since last week, and they cleared out a *lot* of fill in that time.

It's not the best angle, for which I'm sorry, but I'm also not comfortable taking a lot of pictures of people working. The depth you can see on the far side from the picture is consistent on the Hall's Lane and Gaukel sides, and about 1/4 of the Charles side (where the entry ramp is) and another 1/4 of the Manulife side.
Thanks for the picture! How far down would you say they are at that low point?
(10-23-2018, 05:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: Thanks for the picture!  How far down would you say they are at that low point?

My spatial awareness is mediocre at best so this is a weak guess, but at least 6m and probably not quite 8 yet. More than twice as high as the people in the shot. The white and silver pickups are completely below street level.
Here's a better view Smile getting pretty deep now

[Image: fHzHg9c.jpg]
How deep would they generally need to go for such a project? How many floors of parking? Huh

(10-26-2018, 03:47 PM)Momo26 Wrote: How deep would they generally need to go for such a project? How many floors of parking? Huh

I'm guessing at least 3 levels of underground parking.
I thought it was above ground in the podium
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »