Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Found another render of this, this one with the King Street frontage.  Talk about an overhaul

Nice find. To me, that facade might be the best bit of the whole project.
Well that's interesting. When I was in the sales centre they told me the front building on King St was office, and the model they have in there definitely shows it as a different building and not more residential units. I wonder if the render is older or newer.    
Very interesting indeed. Maybe an older version that was floating around? Thanks for posting that taylortbb, that helps me a ton for visualizing the whole project. Lots of open space facing Duke.

Either way, I think whether office or residential, the King street fronting building excites me too. My preference is residential, but either way is a huge win.

Imaging watching the Oktoberfest parade from your balcony? Yes!
The render is a tower on a podium that interacts much better with the street. The model is a tower only, set back far from the street, which will likely see a dead zone of discomfort in front of it.
To me the sales model looks like the older one. The new renders they've been advertising don't have the rounded corners facing Duke. If that new King render is accurate then we can finally say goodbye the little metal clad 3 storey building beside the Weber Chambers. Also of note, the convenience store that was there closed recently. I hope that the courtyard doesn't have vehicular traffic but it looks like that might be the case.

Old:
[Image: Young-Condos-Condoville-Club.jpg]

New:
[Image: Young-Condos-Rendering-1.jpg]
You're right, I didn't catch that, it looks like that's the entrance to the parking garage. Sad. Was a good opportunity for an open, interactive space.

It's effectively inside a (more or less) private courtyard, though, surrounded by the three Andrin buildings. So it won't much matter to non-residents.
(10-30-2018, 12:09 PM)Spokes Wrote: Very interesting indeed.  Maybe an older version that was floating around?  Thanks for posting that taylortbb, that helps me a ton for visualizing the whole project.  Lots of open space facing Duke.

Either way, I think whether office or residential, the King street fronting building excites me too.  My preference is residential, but either way is a huge win.

Imaging watching the Oktoberfest parade from your balcony?  Yes!

Sorry, the parades go down Weber Street now.
(10-30-2018, 12:28 PM)Lens Wrote: To me the sales model looks like the older one. The new renders they've been advertising don't have the rounded corners facing Duke. If that new King render is accurate then we can finally say goodbye the little metal clad 3 storey building beside the Weber Chambers. Also of note, the convenience store that was there closed recently. I hope that the courtyard doesn't have vehicular traffic but it looks like that might be the case.

Before the convenience store closed I was talking to the owners and they said that they sold the building to the company building the Young Condos. The residents of the apartments above were supposed to be out of the building this month.
(10-30-2018, 02:57 PM)Square Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 12:09 PM)Spokes Wrote: Very interesting indeed.  Maybe an older version that was floating around?  Thanks for posting that taylortbb, that helps me a ton for visualizing the whole project.  Lots of open space facing Duke.

Either way, I think whether office or residential, the King street fronting building excites me too.  My preference is residential, but either way is a huge win.

Imaging watching the Oktoberfest parade from your balcony?  Yes!

Sorry, the parades go down Weber Street now.

You're absolutely right, of course.  Duh
Looks like this is at LPAT: http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL180767
What does LPAT mean?

Local Planning Appeal Tribunal. It replaced the OMB. http://elto.gov.on.ca/tribunals/lpat/about-lpat/
I wonder why?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »