Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
I am assuming in that example, the business was named after an area, not the opposite way.

Duke Food Block is fine, renaming the roadway to Holy Guacamole Dr would be the issue.

Coke

Although driving along Holy Guacamole Drive does sound like fun!
Northfield Medical Center @ The Boardwalk, I used to go to the original doctor's office on Northfield Drive.
(10-31-2018, 05:51 PM)GtwoK Wrote: This one gets a pass in my book as i'd consider that "historic", somewhat. Just like mill st in kitchener no longer has a mill.

Where was the mill?
(11-04-2018, 03:13 PM)kps Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 05:51 PM)GtwoK Wrote: This one gets a pass in my book as i'd consider that "historic", somewhat. Just like mill st in kitchener no longer has a mill.

Where was the mill?

At Queen, no?  A sawmill was part of the Joseph Schneider farmstead.
A new office building is going up at the corner of University Ave E. and Northfield Dr E., across from BlackBerry building A. Grading underway and a for lease sign erected.
Sign up on empty lot at 54 Bridge St West, across from Bridgeport Public School. Pano Hillside Condo Towns (http://www.panotowns.ca/).

Not sure if the development at ottawa st s and international pl has it's own thread yet but it appears they are putting the footings in.
Is that one "West End Condos"?

I remember seeing something about it but never a render or any details
(01-17-2019, 07:50 AM)Spokes Wrote: Is that one "West End Condos"?

Yes it is, couldn't remember the name so when I went by I took a peek.
http://www.westendcondominiums.ca
The new commercial building behind the Ottawa/Strasburg Timmies is pretty much complete.

[Image: 8YF209g.jpg]
I saw that the other day. Had no idea it was even happening. Good addition
(10-16-2018, 03:14 AM)Square Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 09:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Crane #2 is up at Ira Needles and Highland.

Combined with the Avon Towns cranes, that makes four in a small space (and a lot of excitement for my three year old)

That's Awesome!  I'm 50 and I still love crane watching! (have all my life)

Crane #1 was dismantled, today.

(01-17-2019, 01:51 PM)white_brian Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 07:50 AM)Spokes Wrote: Is that one "West End Condos"?

Yes it is, couldn't remember the name so when I went by I took a peek.
http://www.westendcondominiums.ca

Today there was a massive mobile crane close by the development but couldn't tell where on the site as I just was passing by on Fischerhallman.
Went by the West End Condo site. There is a large crane set up. I couldn't see if there was a tower crane base.
I don't expect much happening today with all the rain.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »