Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(11-07-2018, 02:34 PM)jamincan Wrote: Enlighten the rest of us. What's so bad about it?

From my experiences in Brampton: Food was cold, food was bland, service was very minimally acceptable at best.  It feels like an Olive Garden crashed into a Dennys' hoping to be a Moxie's   Sadly it makes all three look bad.

(11-07-2018, 02:43 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 02:34 PM)jamincan Wrote: Enlighten the rest of us. What's so bad about it?

From my experiences in Brampton: Food was cold, food was bland, service was very minimally acceptable at best.  It feels like an Olive Garden crashed into a Dennys' hoping to be a Moxie's   Sadly it makes all three look bad.

Same issues at YEC location. At least they are consistent...
(11-07-2018, 06:02 PM)Chris Wrote:
(11-07-2018, 02:43 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: From my experiences in Brampton: Food was cold, food was bland, service was very minimally acceptable at best.  It feels like an Olive Garden crashed into a Dennys' hoping to be a Moxie's   Sadly it makes all three look bad.

Same issues at YEC location. At least they are consistent...

My experience at the Yonge/Dundas location a number of years back wasn't any different. I am in no rush to return.
Ambrosia Pastry apparently has its last day at its 150 Roger St storefront on Saturday, new location not yet announced: https://midtownkw.ca/2018/11/08/get-your...-saturday/
(11-09-2018, 10:39 AM)goggolor Wrote: Ambrosia Pastry apparently has its last day at its 150 Roger St storefront on Saturday, new location not yet announced: https://midtownkw.ca/2018/11/08/get-your...-saturday/

The new location isn't too far away, still in a somewhat urban part of Kitchener (but not right downtown). It will also be open all week.
(11-09-2018, 01:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 10:39 AM)goggolor Wrote: Ambrosia Pastry apparently has its last day at its 150 Roger St storefront on Saturday, new location not yet announced: https://midtownkw.ca/2018/11/08/get-your...-saturday/

The new location isn't too far away, still in a somewhat urban part of Kitchener (but not right downtown). It will also be open all week.

Do you know what the new location will be?
I still miss spice tree, I know it wasn't the best Indian in town but I loved their cauliflower Manchurian.

(11-09-2018, 03:35 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 01:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote: The new location isn't too far away, still in a somewhat urban part of Kitchener (but not right downtown). It will also be open all week.

Do you know what the new location will be?

Yes, but I was waiting for the public announcement. They were telling everyone in the bakery this morning though, so I guess I can say. New location is taking over the Public Market space, at Frederick and Filbert. Will now be open full time and not just Saturday mornings.
(11-10-2018, 12:27 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 03:35 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Do you know what the new location will be?

Yes, but I was waiting for the public announcement. They were telling everyone in the bakery this morning though, so I guess I can say. New location is taking over the Public Market space, at Frederick and Filbert. Will now be open full time and not just Saturday mornings.

Does that mean that Public has closed?
Friends visiting K-W from Ottawa, and who are very particular about their restaurants, told me this morning that they were very impressed with the food, beverages, and the "vibe" at Grafitti Market at Catalyst 137.
(11-09-2018, 04:34 PM)clasher Wrote: I still miss spice tree, I know it wasn't the best Indian in town but I loved their cauliflower Manchurian.

Spice Tree turned out to be a sadly half-hearted effort. Sure, the construction didn't help, but for the longest time one would never know whether or not they would actually be open on a given day. They had some nice dishes but very disappointing naan (possibly of the supermarket variety rather than fresh).

Sahar's Kitchen is different, and a bit more expensive, but overall I much prefer their food. I do hope they find enough customers to stay around, it's the best Indian food we have had in DTK in a long time.
(11-10-2018, 02:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Friends visiting K-W from Ottawa, and who are very particular about their restaurants, told me this morning that they were very impressed with the food, beverages, and the "vibe" at Grafitti Market at Catalyst 137.

I keep hearing great thing after great thing about this place.  I think I need to go.
(11-10-2018, 02:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Friends visiting K-W from Ottawa, and who are very particular about their restaurants, told me this morning that they were very impressed with the food, beverages, and the "vibe" at Grafitti Market at Catalyst 137.

If by "vibe" they mean "incredibly loud place acoustically where trying to have a meaningful conversation with someone else at your table without shouting is impossible" then they are correct.  A few acoustic panels would make the space usable by more people, particularly those who are hard of hearing or otherwise overwhelmed by too much noise.

(11-14-2018, 01:55 PM)nms Wrote:

If by "vibe" they mean "incredibly loud place acoustically where trying to have a meaningful conversation with someone else at your table without shouting is impossible" then they are correct.  A few acoustic panels would make the space usable by more people, particularly those who are hard of hearing or otherwise overwhelmed by too much noise.

Maybe they got lucky - as Boomers, they are very sensitive to loud restaurants.
Seen signs out front advertising that a Starbucks is moving into this building on Sportsworld Dr in Kitchener.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4075567,-...312!8i6656
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »