Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parkside Urban Towns (née 83 Elmsdale Dr) | U/C
The only new revelation, I think, is that the three parts of the project will be parceled out as separate properties, to separate developers.

(07-21-2016, 01:19 PM)KevinL Wrote: The only new revelation, I think, is that the three parts of the project will be parceled out as separate properties, to separate developers.

Off-topic, but I'm hoping that the same thing happens, eventually, over at the Scheiders site.
One of the parcels now has a project: http://ariatowns.com/
(07-21-2016, 02:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 01:19 PM)KevinL Wrote: The only new revelation, I think, is that the three parts of the project will be parceled out as separate properties, to separate developers.

Off-topic, but I'm hoping that the same thing happens, eventually, over at the Scheiders site.

I think that's not likely, given that Auburn purchased the entire site.
(10-11-2018, 05:29 PM)KevinL Wrote: One of the parcels now has a project: http://ariatowns.com/

Decent little project.  I'm glad something's finally happening.  I can't help but think some momentum could spur the other two parcels to take off.

That being said, living facing Ottawa right there. Not the hottest spot in town.
Apparently the sales event is planned for the 20th of October. Was told the prices are going to start in the high 200's for a 900 SF 2 bed 2 bath with parking. If that's actually true, they should have no problem selling out in 2 minutes.... that's in the low 300s/SF.....that's insane
Those are some very good deals. I think the location not being AMAZING plays into that, but as an investment, or first time property, you could do a lot worse.

I'm surprised it's so soon. Seems like short notice.

Found this rendering from the Ottawa Street side.  I think there's a bit of a misrepresentation of what Ottawa st looks like Wink

(10-12-2018, 12:53 AM)Quadcities34 Wrote: Apparently the sales event is planned for the 20th of October. Was told the prices are going to start in the high 200's for a 900 SF 2 bed 2 bath with parking. If that's actually true, they should have no problem selling out in 2 minutes.... that's in the low 300s/SF.....that's insane

I found this price list which seems to agree with what you're saying

Plus condo fees. I'm out of touch with the K-W market, but that doesn't strike me as a bargain, considering the location.
(11-15-2018, 10:13 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Plus condo fees.  I'm out of touch with the K-W market, but that doesn't strike me as a bargain, considering the location.

I do think they are more expensive than Barra's townhouses, which might be the best comparison. And Barra's location is much better for most people.
(11-15-2018, 01:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 10:13 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Plus condo fees.  I'm out of touch with the K-W market, but that doesn't strike me as a bargain, considering the location.

I do think they are more expensive than Barra's townhouses, which might be the best comparison. And Barra's location is much better for most people.

Are those on the market?
(11-15-2018, 07:54 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-15-2018, 01:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I do think they are more expensive than Barra's townhouses, which might be the best comparison. And Barra's location is much better for most people.

Are those on the market?

Yes. Four of the seven are still available.
http://barracondos.com/register-floorplans/

(10-09-2014, 04:50 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Previous concept for 83 Elmsdale Dr details available here. It is amazing how much more creative and interesting this proposal was than the one that has been approved by the city. When I have more time I will likely add this to the lost opportunities thread. In so many ways as a region we have seen huge steps taken forward in terms of planning and creative design and than at other times we accept mediocre projects.

[Image: I6FWinc.png]

[Image: be0sN7u.png]

[Image: YzybPF4.png]

[Image: NcHdhAs.png]

This is what they initially wanted to build here? And instead they went for what I now see? What a loss. There is no harm in denser projects that are outside of the downtown core in a city. Larger cities do this all the time. Not everything dense has to be built downtown, and in fact promoting the development of denser projects that are within more suburban areas is fine - it results in a lot fewer single family homes and cul-de-sac streets.

I see the city was suggesting that this didn't fit with the current neighbourhood; I can accept that the tallest tower might not, but everything else could have done really well here.
I don't know what they ended up building, but that looks amazing.

What neighbourhood does that even not fit with, it's bordered by a park, bus depot, and commercial plaza...

*sigh*...tired old excuses to continue a broken pattern of development.

(Although maybe six pools was a bit too much Tongue)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »