Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
Sounds to me like the signs should just say “No Winter Maintenance”.

(11-29-2018, 05:16 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Sounds to me like the signs should just say “No Winter Maintenance”.

Not enough in terms of potential liability defence.
(11-29-2018, 06:40 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 05:16 PM)ijmorlan Wrote: Sounds to me like the signs should just say “No Winter Maintenance”.

Not enough in terms of potential liability defence.

The city seems to believe it is in every other circumstance where they don't do winter maintenance in a pedestrian realm.

And I'm not sure we've established the reason is no winter maintenance.
There are signs on all the doors indicating it’s a test train and not to board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLm3HMG8IhM
I'm glad they're being considerate of the skateboard's excercise needs. They need a certain amount of fresh air every day otherwise they go a bit stir crazy and become overly destructive.

: stare :

Are rollerblades THAT much of a menace? Or even that common?
It is an issue of control. If you’re on rollerblades, you might roll off the platform and in front of a train.

I might argue that I don’t think I’ve seen someone on rollerblades since 1997...
(11-29-2018, 11:37 PM)Canard Wrote: It is an issue of control. If you’re on rollerblades, you might roll off the platform and in front of a train.

I might argue that I don’t think I’ve seen someone on rollerblades since 1997...

1997 may have been the heyday, but rollerblades still have a small part in my transport mix as a means of transport that I can store in a backpack and are still much faster than walking. I used them to get to the shop and pick up my motorcycle, for instance.
(11-29-2018, 11:37 PM)Canard Wrote: It is an issue of control. If you’re on rollerblades, you might roll off the platform and in front of a train.

Ah, absolutely. Thank you for finding the gravity in my facetious thoughts.
(11-29-2018, 11:08 AM)chutten Wrote: Earlier this week I happened upon an LRV returning up King St making the left into Waterloo Public Square Stn. As it passed I noticed that the interior had been festively decorated: decals on the windows, garlands on the overhead handrails... It was nice to see, but a bit bittersweet that they'd all be removed before service begins next year.

I presume it's decorated for the scheduled public viewings.

I saw LRV 511 last night near Grand River Hospital, it too was decorated for the holidays.

“•Eat huge popcorn“

This is awesome Canard. More humour on this site please.
It seems odd that the ION stop that provides connections to the Fairview neighbourhood called Fairway and not Fairview. I thought we already had enough fun in this Region arguing about Conestogo vs. Conestoga. My only guess might be that they concluded that the best name for the stop near FAIRview and the ExpressWAY was FAIRWAY similar to the London Underground line that serves BAKER Street and WaterLOO ended up being called BAKERLOO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »