Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News
(12-08-2018, 08:06 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Seen signs out front advertising that a Starbucks is moving into this building on Sportsworld Dr in Kitchener.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4075567,-...312!8i6656

That's the Starbucks that's currently at (the former) Chapters, about 500m away.

Oh, did the EB Games shut down?
is the Starbucks still operating in the former Chapters building?
It is, and this is also true (for now) at the former Waterloo Chapters at King and Weber.
(12-08-2018, 08:48 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 08:06 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Seen signs out front advertising that a Starbucks is moving into this building on Sportsworld Dr in Kitchener.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4075567,-...312!8i6656

That's the Starbucks that's currently at (the former) Chapters, about 500m away.

No. rangersfan is correct. A Starbucks is opening where EB games was.
1. Is the SB at the former Kitchener Chapters moving into the EB building? 2. There is no more Chapters at King and Weber in Waterloo?!
(12-14-2018, 10:26 AM)Momo26 Wrote: 1. Is the SB at the former Kitchener Chapters moving into the EB building? 2. There is no more Chapters at King and Weber in Waterloo?!

2. nope. there's a sign saying "we've moved" I think to a small location in Conestoga mall?

They shutdown the Chapters at King & Weber and I understand there is now an Indigo in the former Zellers/Target space at Conestoga Mall.
They have reopened under the Indigo name and it is a large location in the renovated Target space.
(11-10-2018, 12:27 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 03:35 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Do you know what the new location will be?

Yes, but I was waiting for the public announcement. They were telling everyone in the bakery this morning though, so I guess I can say. New location is taking over the Public Market space, at Frederick and Filbert. Will now be open full time and not just Saturday mornings.

Ambrosia has been open for at least a week at Frederick and Filbert.  The sign still says Public Market and their webpage has not been updated.
So, has Ambosia taken space within Public Market or has it replaced Public Market?
(12-15-2018, 12:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So, has Ambosia taken space within Public Market or has it replaced Public Market?

I didn’t ask.
(12-15-2018, 12:46 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So, has Ambosia taken space within Public Market or has it replaced Public Market?

Ambrosia Corner Bakery has replaced Public Market, which closed a little while ago.

The A&W at Strasburg and Ottawa has its framing up. (This is actually from a couple days ago, just got around to posting.)

Curiously, half the structure is a structural steel frame, the other half is just timber.

[Image: uVk7vPZ.jpg]

[Image: dbanT2G.jpg]
Is that a new A&W? There is one at Bleams and Homer-Watson (that's pretty close for a second location - that isn't Timmies or McDonald's!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »