Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
(12-09-2018, 09:02 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 08:19 PM)jeffster Wrote: Cool

...yeah but, but, but..Tower 2 was built first!!

Garmet condo is different than 100 Victoria. I think the reson for descrepency between 26 and 28 is because they left wiggle room. They just recently released another floor for sale. I am sure if it sells quick they will release one more floor. 28. I think it is that simple.

Damn...this city is going to look so different 5 years from now.

(12-09-2018, 06:53 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 10:17 PM)rangersfan Wrote: A couple of permits have been submitted to the city with the status "letter sent"
Permit No:18116700
Permit is for a Conditional Permit for one level underground parking garage shell only for a new 28 storey mixed use building (Tower 3) including site servicing and underslab plumbing.

Permit No:18123824
Permit is for construction for a 26 storey mixed use building (Tower 3).

Both are tower 3? Or was one supposed to be tower 1? (as tower 2 was built first)

I feel like I've seen reference to the three towers of this and The 100 being mentioned in the same group since they're interconnected.
New article on the development:

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/907...d-and-new/
(12-09-2018, 10:02 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 06:53 PM)jeffster Wrote: Both are tower 3? Or was one supposed to be tower 1? (as tower 2 was built first)

I feel like I've seen reference to the three towers of this and The 100 being mentioned in the same group since they're interconnected.

Oh boy! Glad I'm not the only one that watched both....Eliza Taylor tho, wow. Anyway, that off topic...my apologies.
Any speculation on possible anchor tenants for the Glove Box? The article makes it sound almost like a formality, but I wonder if it might not prove to be a challenge.
I wonder why they are starting the Glove box condo first instead of the 21 story 100 Victoria St. condo?
(12-09-2018, 11:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Any speculation on possible anchor tenants for the Glove Box?  The article makes it sound almost like a formality, but I wonder if it might not prove to be a challenge.

Why?

(12-10-2018, 03:50 AM)Square Wrote: I wonder why they are starting the Glove box condo first instead of the 21 story 100 Victoria St. condo?

I'm surprised too.  If I bought in tower two of One Hundred I'd be annoyed.
Wouldn't surprise me if a Communitech like entity looking to expand gobbled up most of that Glove box space! In all likelihood one or two big tenants with a multitude of smaller start-ups.
(12-10-2018, 10:08 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 03:50 AM)Square Wrote: I wonder why they are starting the Glove box condo first instead of the 21 story 100 Victoria St. condo?

I'm surprised too.  If I bought in tower two of One Hundred I'd be annoyed.

Do we know if they will actual be finishing the Garment St. condo (referred to as 'Glove box condo') before starting the second 100 Victoria condo? May concurrent construction.
(12-10-2018, 09:57 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 11:02 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Any speculation on possible anchor tenants for the Glove Box?  The article makes it sound almost like a formality, but I wonder if it might not prove to be a challenge.

Why?

A number of companies have (or will) moved/expanded into existing or renovated spaces in the past year, but the only example of an anchor tenant in a new build that I can think of would be Gowlings, which will take two floors of the new building on King St.  A vast existing space, the King Centre, is also going to become available in the coming year.  Perhaps, as the article indicates, the local market is "hot" so that it won't be an issue, but there is competition in terms of available new space being proposed in DTK (for the first time in decades) so it just made me wonder.   Glove Box will have the advantage of a very attractive location, although I don't know that it will be all that much better than the Mayfair or 345 King W.
What kind of restaurants/cafe expansion can we expect in that corridor? One would imagine with the addition of the new condos and Glove Box tenants, there should be quite the explosion of lunch type eateries, maybe two or 3 nice sit down places also?
It should give a boost to the proposal for the old MacIntosh Dry Cleaners building next door. The front section seems a natural for some kind of cafe or restaurant.

(12-10-2018, 10:13 AM)Momo26 Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 10:08 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'm surprised too.  If I bought in tower two of One Hundred I'd be annoyed.

Do we know if they will actual be finishing the Garment St. condo (referred to as 'Glove box condo') before starting the second 100 Victoria condo? May concurrent construction.

I'm just going by what the article stated "The first condo tower, which has 171 units, is nearly finished. When the condo board takes over the building, work will begin on the biggest tower in the development, which will have 319 units. It was sold out in less than 30 minutes when sales launched last May."   You could be right, maybe they will start both at once.
(12-10-2018, 02:06 PM)Square Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 10:13 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Do we know if they will actual be finishing the Garment St. condo (referred to as 'Glove box condo') before starting the second 100 Victoria condo? May concurrent construction.

I'm just going by what the article stated "The first condo tower, which has 171 units, is nearly finished. When the condo board takes over the building, work will begin on the biggest tower in the development, which will have 319 units. It was sold out in less than 30 minutes when sales launched last May."   You could be right, maybe they will start both at once.

Last May was the Garmet tower, or tower three.   I was on the sales notification emails.  So that means the second tower for 100 Victoria will be built last...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »