Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Market Flats | 7 fl | Completed
The Market Flats
388-400 King St. E, Kitchener

Quote:Across the street at 388-400 King St. E., Vive Development has plans to tear down two homes that have been converted to businesses, and build a seven-storey, 72-unit apartment building. In a report to the city's committee of adjustment, city planners said the proposal "will allow redevelopment of a property that is rundown with new, mixed-use transit-oriented, pedestrian-friendly development that will help achieve the city's objectives for the central transit corridor."

Permit No: 18128109
Permit is for foundation only for a future multi residential apartment building with Commercial on the ground floor

Permit No: 18128109
Permit is for foundation only for a future multi residential apartment building with Commercial on the ground floor
The permits will be coming in fast and furious now, for the next two months.
With the inclusion of the word "future" does anyone know what kind of time constraints are on these permits? Like could a builder get the permit and then just not act for a long time, or do they have to start by a certain date?
That is what I have been wondering as soon.

My take on these permits with the status "letter sent" is that the city has received the building permit application but has not begun to review the application. I am thinking that the developers are putting in the paperwork to essentially start the process for the tax exemption and then now can develop or not the project according to their timeline.
(12-18-2018, 09:49 AM)rangersfan Wrote: That is what I have been wondering as soon.

My take on these permits with the status "letter sent" is that the city has received the building permit application but has not begun to review the application. I am thinking that the developers are putting in the paperwork to essentially start the process for the tax exemption and then now can develop or not the project according to their timeline.

The permit has to be issued by the end of February, though.

The developer could delay once the permit is issued, but the cost to get to an issued permit (site plan and building permit approvals) is substantial.
Key word is ISSUED too. If they wait till the last minute, they'll be out of luck

As someone who lives in the Market District I’m convinced it’s proximity to the actual Market and the LRT and ease of highway access will make it one of the more desirable locales in DTK in the not too distant future. Heck we already have The Yeti.
(12-18-2018, 08:28 PM)PassTheBruce Wrote: As someone who lives in the Market District I’m convinced it’s proximity to the actual Market and the LRT and ease of highway access will make it one of the more desirable locales in DTK in the not too distant future.  Heck we already have The Yeti.

Boom.  There it is.

One of the most underrated places in KW.  But shhh.
I don't think it's under-rated. Just little known.
(12-18-2018, 08:28 PM)PassTheBruce Wrote: As someone who lives in the Market District I’m convinced it’s proximity to the actual Market and the LRT and ease of highway access will make it one of the more desirable locales in DTK in the not too distant future.  Heck we already have The Yeti.

Yeti schmeti (sorry, never been a fan) - you've got Golden Hearth croissants and Nova Era pasteis de nata.  A kitty-corner of deliciousness!  Smile
True, that's a better choice of words, more indicative of what I meant. Thanks
(12-19-2018, 01:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote:

Yeti schmeti (sorry, never been a fan) - you've got Golden Hearth croissants and Nova Era pasteis de nata.  A kitty-corner of deliciousness!  Smile

Also two pho choices. Somehow I've not been to the new one yet.

The best croissants used to be Ambrosia's, but they were really not keen on making croissants anymore when I asked about it last weekend. They only want to make kouign amman's.

Building permit (19-105380 MU) now issued.
Fantastic. 2019/2020 will be BUSY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »