Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City of Kitchener Official Plan
(03-06-2019, 11:17 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: I've noticed several situations over the past week or two where you post something that's just a quote of someone else's post. Is this intentional? Does it indicate agreement? I'm just not sure how to interpret it.

If I quote someone I would use quotation marks.  If my last posts looks familiar it's coincidental.

I think robdrimmie was directing his comment to panamaniac who had a post (#12 in this thread) that is solely a quote of your earlier post. I too wasn't sure what he meant by quoting without comment.
Yep, jamincan has it correct. I'm sorry for not being more obvious that my comment was for panamaniac, me increasing the confusion was certainly not helpful!
(03-06-2019, 12:20 PM)jamincan Wrote: I think robdrimmie was directing his comment to panamaniac who had a post (#12 in this thread) that is solely a quote of your earlier post. I too wasn't sure what he meant by quoting without comment.

Panamaniac quoted jgsz, but did not add a comment or any other content. So he was wondering whether this was a mistake or whether Panamaniac just intended it as a "+1" or something similar.
(03-06-2019, 02:14 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 12:20 PM)jamincan Wrote: I think robdrimmie was directing his comment to panamaniac who had a post (#12 in this thread) that is solely a quote of your earlier post. I too wasn't sure what he meant by quoting without comment.

Panamaniac quoted jgsz, but did not add a comment or any other content. So he was wondering whether this was a mistake or whether Panamaniac just intended it as a "+1" or something similar.

Thanks for clarifying,  So Tower one is actually tower three now ? and Tower Three will be built last ?
I have a persistent problem in that when I quote a previous post and make my own comment, only the quoted section appears in my post and I have to edit my post in order to re-type my comment. In the post above, I forgot to check. My comment was to question whether “Midtown” needed the incentive of a development fee waiver.

To note, I am abroad and posting on my I-pad these days. Afaik there’s no problem when I post on my pc.
(03-06-2019, 07:24 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I have a persistent problem in that when I quote a previous post and make my own comment, only the quoted section appears in my post and I have to edit my post in order to re-type my comment.  In the post above, I forgot to check.  My comment was to question whether “Midtown” needed the incentive of a development fee waiver.

To note, I am abroad and posting on my I-pad these days.  Afaik there’s no problem when I post on my pc.

When you quote a previous post do you use the "quote" button or the "reply" button?

(03-06-2019, 10:07 AM)jgsz Wrote: Kitchener should have another exemption to encourage more development downtown.  But this time the exemption should be for $10,000 per residential unit and it should include development all the way to Ottawa Street and midtown right up to Waterloo.

If they went with another round of exemptions, they could really target certain areas of downtown.  I think you nailed to two target areas.
(03-06-2019, 10:54 PM)PSpokes Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 07:24 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I have a persistent problem in that when I quote a previous post and make my own comment, only the quoted section appears in my post and I have to edit my post in order to re-type my comment.  In the post above, I forgot to check.  My comment was to question whether “Midtown” needed the incentive of a development fee waiver.

To note, I am abroad and posting on my I-pad these days.  Afaik there’s no problem when I post on my pc.

When you quote a previous post do you use the "quote" button or the "reply" button?
Edit:  Both.
The "quote" button I think is only for quoting multiple posts, try just using "reply"
(03-07-2019, 10:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: The "quote" button I think is only for quoting multiple posts, try just using "reply"
(03-07-2019, 10:47 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 10:10 AM)Spokes Wrote: The "quote" button I think is only for quoting multiple posts, try just using "reply"
Edit:  Nope, same result
(03-07-2019, 10:47 AM)The Pancake Man Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 10:10 AM)Mr. Sparkles Wrote: The "quote" button I think is only for quoting multiple posts, try just using "reply"

(03-07-2019, 10:48 AM)Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) Wrote: Edit:  Nope, same result

Odd

(03-07-2019, 10:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Edit:  Nope, same result

This is using Safari on the iPad? You could probably work around the Safari issue by using Chrome to access WRC (you can get it from the app store -- personally I prefer it to Safari anyway).
(03-07-2019, 05:07 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 10:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Edit:  Nope, same result

This is using Safari on the iPad? You could probably work around the Safari issue by using Chrome to access WRC (you can get it from the app store -- personally I prefer it to Safari anyway).

I’m testing on an iPhone with Safari
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »