Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
Pouring concrete in -20C weather ...

Will they need heaters? Or is wrapping it enough?
Photo 
The pouring...

(02-28-2019, 02:55 PM)Pilsner Wrote: The pouring...

Thanks -- better perspective from your unit than my street-level shot!

P.S. If you actually insert the attachment into the post, MyBB will scale it properly. If you don't insert, it's not scaled and ends up being cut off on the right side.
(02-28-2019, 01:11 PM)Spokes Wrote: Will they need heaters?  Or is wrapping it enough?

I just see tarps going on now, no heaters yet.
(02-28-2019, 06:22 PM)Pilsner Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 01:11 PM)Spokes Wrote: Will they need heaters?  Or is wrapping it enough?

I just see tarps going on now, no heaters yet.

Talking to the foreman, I don't believe they will be using heaters.
The specific chemical mix in the concrete can be tuned to work with a given temperature, I understand.

(02-28-2019, 09:50 PM)KevinL Wrote: The specific chemical mix in the concrete can be tuned to work with a given temperature, I understand.

That's what the foreman implied, too.
And, finally, the evening view of the concrete pour:

So apparently the concrete forming trade that was working on this project closed their doors last week.  I wonder how long until they can find someone new to take over?
(03-15-2019, 07:33 AM)mastermind Wrote: So apparently the concrete forming trade that was working on this project closed their doors last week.  I wonder how long until they can find someone new to take over?

WOW, I hope they didn't pay them too much in advance...
That's crazy. Usually with a contract this size that's enough to keep a company afloat
(03-15-2019, 09:56 AM)Spokes Wrote: That's crazy. Usually with a contract this size that's enough to keep a company afloat

A big contract will also stress a company's cash flow as they have to buy materials and pay salaries well in advance of being paid by the customer.

That's true I hadn't thought of that side of it
Photo 
Not much has changed. Now with added snow.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »