Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
387-397 King St E and 6 Madison Ave | 2 & 8 fl | U/C
I wonder if they are planning to start construction in advance of sales?

Not sure if this has been posted before but here is the city staff report on the project, unfortunately no project renders:

http://kitchener.ca.granicus.com/MetaVie...a_id=55700
I wish there was a way to get high resolution PDFs of the site plans...
Im curious of a couple things:

1) Why separate it into two buildings?
2) Why cap the second building at 2 floors?
A lower second building will likely keep them below the permissible FAR.
Ahh true. I always forget about FAR.

I'm not complaining. The variety in height is never a bad thing.
(02-12-2019, 11:17 PM)Spokes Wrote: Ahh true.  I always forget about FAR.  

I'm not complaining.  The variety in height is never a bad thing.

I think it'll look fine here, especially as the recently-renovated (small) building at the corner of King/Cedar is also two storeys.

My thoughts exactly
There are also demolition permits issued for 13 and 17 Cedar St S, and 6 Madison Ave S. Based on the descriptions, these will be part of the same project. I expect to see a (secondary?) entrance off Cedar St, with the demolition of those two houses.
No visible activity yet, bar the first construction sign:

I was hoping this and the drewlo project would happen at the same time.  Would have been nice to watch them go up side by side.
I wouldn't consider surveying to be proper construction, but it's something, at least.
That surveyor sign has been there for years.

[Image: 01-387-King-grey-siding-reduced-size.jpg]

Rumour is the Architect for this one is the same one that did this original render for the site a few years ago and the new render doesn't look much better. I think it has been mentioned but the grocery store would simply be the owner of the site (Ben Thanh) moving into the new 2 storey office/grocery space from across King
My fingers crossed this site just gets sold to someone else.
(03-25-2019, 07:50 PM)Lens Wrote: [Image: 01-387-King-grey-siding-reduced-size.jpg]

Rumour is the Architect for this one is the same one that did this original render for the site a few years ago and the new render doesn't look much better. I think it has been mentioned but the grocery store would simply be the owner of the site (Ben Thanh) moving into the new 2 storey office/grocery space from across King
My fingers crossed this site just gets sold to someone else.

Which is great, if it opens the original location to redevelopment.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »