Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Post your pictures of Waterloo Region!
Thanks!

Here's another fresh batch:

[Image: 48540885162_2b542c9f7e_c.jpg]MSP 20190814-IMG_5803 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 48715009891_625b19e299_c.jpg]MSP 20190911-IMG_7924 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 48720293802_4e6598e64d_c.jpg]MSP 20190831-IMG_7536 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 48720314352_e081d445bf_c.jpg]MSP 20190825-IMG_7240 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 48563510411_aa18a75f68_c.jpg]MSP 20190810-IMG_5743 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 48614005588_1e5f1a6ecf_c.jpg]MSP 20190823-IMG_7022 by Matt, on Flickr

That shot of King/Victoria! Well done!
Cranes at sunset.

Beautiful shot!
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics yesterday morning.

Very nice colour and contrast on the shot!
Took the words out of my mouth! Nicely done.

[attachment=6641]

Sorry for the quality. Snapped it quick with my phone at a friends place in Belmont. Great view of the skyline with all the cranes though.
Life in DTK in the era of COVID-19 (part 1).

Charles St, deserted in the morning. No LRT, no cars, no people.

Victoria Park, without people. It was cold enough when I took this photo ...

Dusk in Victoria Park, on another blustery day.

The city still lives, but with people staying inside. 

Nope, no basketball at Sand Hills Park.

And a few more photos from a COVID-19-era DTK.

Glory-of-the-Snow, with snow flakes. Progress of nature is not stopped by a mere virus.

King Street, with extra-wide sidewalks for distancing. But few cars and no people.

Great picture...Love the flowers !!! Nature does have away of continuing alone...
Those King St pavers have really taken a beating. Is that from the sidewalk snowplows?
Looking in the distance, it appears there is an "Emergency" no parking sign pointing back towards the photographer... this would lead me to believe there was previously parking here.... are these some of the newly installed bollards, and the beating could be from vehicle parking?

Coke

(04-20-2020, 10:21 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: Looking in the distance, it appears there is an "Emergency" no parking sign pointing back towards the photographer... this would lead me to believe there was previously parking here.... are these some of the newly installed bollards, and the beating could be from vehicle parking?

Coke

UPDATE:

Not new bollards, but previously recessed bollards....

Coke
(04-20-2020, 10:26 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: Not new bollards, but previously recessed bollards....

Do you happen to know how they retract/extend them? Is it manual? I’ve seen amusing videos of cars getting hooked by bollards extending but I like in this location some sort of manual process is more likely.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »