Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
City Centre/Young Condominiums | 17, 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Wow that feels huge

That’s what she said?
hahahahahahahahahah nicely done
Tower crane is being assembled.
Has there been any indication of how sales are going for this one? I recall that the first tower was quite a slog.
Feb. 4, 2020

Crane at Young Condos are up.  They are a bit difficult to see because of the "crane pollution."  They are everywhere!

Beat me to it. Crane is up plus 2 of the whatcha-ma-call-it (was 3 earlier) on site... they lift heavy stuff ha.

The reach of the crane seems short. I went back to see what the final layout and heights of the project but couldn't find anything concrete (might have missed it). Not sure what the plan is for the Duke st side of the property
(02-04-2020, 04:08 PM)white_brian Wrote: The reach of the crane seems short. I went back to see what the final layout and heights of the project but couldn't find anything concrete (might have missed it). Not sure what the plan is for the  Duke st side of the property

I wouldn’t be surprised if they erected a taller crane close to Duke Street.  The crane they erected this morning might be for the four floor building facing King Street.
That or they plan to increase crane height in the not-too-distance future a la every other high rise crane that is used?? Unless i'm missing something. Agreed that it does seem short and 'stocky' even for the first iteration :p

Edit: missed a word
Cool perspective jgsz! You've got dream shots for a few projects
(02-04-2020, 04:08 PM)white_brian Wrote: The reach of the crane seems short. I went back to see what the final layout and heights of the project but couldn't find anything concrete (might have missed it). Not sure what the plan is for the  Duke st side of the property

I think that in the photo they haven't finished the crane, the boom should have one more section on it at least.
(02-05-2020, 01:26 PM)mastermind Wrote:

I think that in the photo they haven't finished the crane, the boom should have one more section on it at least.

Yep, I walked past last night after they were done putting up the crane. The boom is significantly longer, and the crane is about midway between King and Duke. I'm pretty sure the plan is only one crane.

I think it is done. It is a short boom because they will erect another crane for the tower and the boom has clear that crane... This crane is likely just for the front portion.
The boom gets VERY close to CC phase 1. I was surprised.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »