Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
Arrow II
120 Benton Street, Kitchener
Developer: Auburn Developments
16-floor residential development

Render:

I think it means that the developer has sent a letter to the city indicating their intentions or has submitted their plans for approval, but the city has not yet approved the project. This is what I assumed when seeing this in the past.
So the project is waiting for review at the City's planning department?
It would be terrific to see the second Arrow building and City Centre Phase II underway in the next couple of years.  Not to mention the Fusion project, it that ends up going forward.  And of course the two towers at 100 Victoria.

At 15 storeys, the Arrow project would be taller than I expected - wasn't it dropped to eight stories at one point?
(07-16-2015, 11:32 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It would be terrific to see the second Arrow building and City Centre Phase II underway in the next couple of years.  Not to mention the Fusion project, it that ends up going forward.  And of course the two towers at 100 Victoria.

At 15 storeys, the Arrow project would be taller than I expected - wasn't it dropped to eight stories at one point?

Construction is starting soon on this one
(04-03-2017, 08:12 PM)ibuildstuff Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 11:32 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It would be terrific to see the second Arrow building and City Centre Phase II underway in the next couple of years.  Not to mention the Fusion project, it that ends up going forward.  And of course the two towers at 100 Victoria.

Construction is starting soon on this one

Finally. What is the timeline? I thought this would have been built long ago, maybe they were just waiting for the LRT to be completed.
(04-03-2017, 09:10 PM)jeffster Wrote: Finally. What is the timeline? I thought this would have been built long ago, maybe they were just waiting for the LRT to be completed.

I'm expecting them to break ground this spring yet.

Auburn has been pretty busy with Barrel Yards, so the delay on this one is quite understandable.

(04-04-2017, 01:05 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 09:10 PM)jeffster Wrote: Finally. What is the timeline? I thought this would have been built long ago, maybe they were just waiting for the LRT to be completed.

I'm expecting them to break ground this spring yet.

Auburn has been pretty busy with Barrel Yards, so the delay on this one is quite understandable.

Nice...while not exactly east end downtown Kitchener, it's still good to see something happening here.
Don't they have to start selling the units first before construction can begin?  Or would these be setup as rental units like Barrel Yards?
Are there any renders anywhere for this project?
(04-04-2017, 09:35 AM)519 Wrote: Don't they have to start selling the units first before construction can begin?  Or would these be setup as rental units like Barrel Yards?

That's correct -- they'll be rental apartments.
When the phase 1 was in the planning / early construction phase there was a render of the apartment building but I can't find it this morning.
I'll be honest, I'm surprised. Great news though.

Im curious to see what it'll look like though and how it integrates with phase 1

(04-06-2017, 09:53 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'll be honest, I'm surprised.  Great news though.

Im curious to see what it'll look like though and how it integrates with phase 1

The original renders were not terrible, but not anything to write home about either, iirc. 

Is there official confirmation anywhere that this is moving forward, or are we dealing in "scuttlebutt"?
(04-06-2017, 01:33 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 09:53 AM)Spokes Wrote: I'll be honest, I'm surprised.  Great news though.

The original renders were not terrible, but not anything to write home about either, iirc. 

Is there official confirmation anywhere that this is moving forward, or are we dealing in "scuttlebutt"?

Spoke to someone about the details whether it would be for rental or purchase and they said no confirmed answer yet but if they were rentals then they would be luxury and modern rentals similar to their rentals at Barrel Yards.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »