Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
Wow. Nice. They are getting closer and closer to finishing. I read in this or another thread they plan to finish this building entirely before starting Garment and the next right?

My move in date got pushed back to May. I am on upper elevations.

Image from 3 weeks ago, at night:

[Image: 8W36mbk.jpg]
(12-12-2018, 12:41 AM)artembunglito Wrote: My move in date got pushed back to May. I am on upper elevations.

[Image: 8W36mbk.jpg]

What was your original closing date out of curiosity ?
Flooring in before wall painting/drywall? Usually opposite for obvious reasons no?
Ya makes sense to do it that way, but sometimes with the bookings of trades it happens that way.
(12-12-2018, 07:56 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 12:41 AM)artembunglito Wrote: My move in date got pushed back to May. I am on upper elevations.

What was your original closing date out of curiosity ?

October 2018 was the original date, when I bought in 2016.
Wow pushed back a whole 6 months? That's insane. Hope you still had a place to live!

(12-15-2018, 08:47 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Wow pushed back a whole 6 months? That's insane. Hope you still had a place to live!

For new builds you always have to factor in delays. I added a year buffer for this, so it's early according to my projections lol!
I see a couple units now listed for building that's up here; 1 for rent, 1 for buy. Rent asking is $1800 for 1 bed + den, 1 bath (comfortable square footage wise).

Unit for purchase $374,900 for 1 bedroom, 1 bath (spacious square footage - probably the biggest 1 and 1) does not come with parking.

Thoughts on those figures? Surprised, as expected, undervalued?
If the bar for entry to own a single bedroom in the city is this high, that's nuts.
(12-19-2018, 02:17 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I see a couple units now listed for building that's up here; 1 for rent, 1 for buy. Rent asking is $1800 for 1 bed + den, 1 bath (comfortable square footage wise).

Unit for purchase $374,900 for 1 bedroom, 1 bath (spacious square footage - probably the biggest 1 and 1) does not come with parking.

I wonder how that asking compares to the pre-construction price?
I wondered the same. Sometimes BuzzBuzz Home indicates it under their sold units list but you have to see when it was last updated - won't necessarily represent original sale price.

I'm gonna guess around $310k given it is the largest one bedroom and price per square foot ballpark. Honestly may have even been around $289k range.

Don't lose sight that the sales took place over 3 years ago..
(12-19-2018, 05:51 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-19-2018, 02:17 PM)Momo26 Wrote: I see a couple units now listed for building that's up here; 1 for rent, 1 for buy. Rent asking is $1800 for 1 bed + den, 1 bath (comfortable square footage wise).

I wonder how that asking compares to the pre-construction price?

~70k more from 2 years ago

The permits have been issued for tower 2, somehow I didn't see this when looking the other day:
Permit No: 18109692
Permit is for a 23 storey residential tower addition with one level of parking garage below grade and four levels of parking garage above grade - tower 2 only. Includes an alternative solution.

At one time it looked like this building was going to be the tallest building in Kitchener, it's amazing what a couple of years can bring.
I'm confused again. Is that the second tower of One Hundred, or the Garment Street tower?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »