Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
Oh nice that sounds boss.

(02-02-2020, 05:22 PM)artembunglito Wrote: The one thing I "regret" is not telling them I wanted an ethernet connection in the living room.

Two words: Powerline Ethernet. It's what I use to get from my den (where my Internet connection is) to the living room. Works well, no fuss, and no interference from all my neighbours' Wi-fi networks.
(02-11-2020, 01:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 05:22 PM)artembunglito Wrote: The one thing I "regret" is not telling them I wanted an ethernet connection in the living room.

Two words: Powerline Ethernet. It's what I use to get from my den (where my Internet connection is) to the living room. Works well, no fuss, and no interference from all my neighbours' Wi-fi networks.

Late reply because I've been trying to dodge corona, but the issue is that I can't feed my den with a hardwired Ethernet connection and have my modem in my living room. I ended up putting it in my bedroom and and having it feed into my den.
[Image: LCOI2qT.jpg]

https://i.imgur.com/LCOI2qT.jpg
Hey everyone! Does anyone have any recent photos of the site? Could you please post one?
No pics but Tower 2 podium is fully poured. It's been like that for at least 2-3 weeks. You can also see some progress on Zehr Group's Instagram.
Tower two's podium is made up of just parking spaces as far as I can tell unlike tower one which has retail and residential units.

Also to answer my own question from a while back, the parking garage for One Hundred (Tower 2 at least) will connect to Garment Street podium as evidenced by large openings (one per floor) on the wall facing Garment Street Condo.

Lastly, the Garment Street Condo is now one floor above ground.
Nice. Updates appreciated

Lots of pouring action at site this morning.

[attachment=6966]
Is it the 21 floor building going up right now?
(05-07-2020, 12:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: Is it the 21 floor building going up right now?

Yes, and the 26 floor for Garment St (marketed separately, but a physically connected building).
(05-07-2020, 12:53 PM)taylortbb Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:16 PM)ac3r Wrote: Is it the 21 floor building going up right now?

Yes, and the 26 floor for Garment St (marketed separately, but a physically connected building).

Thanks. This site is going to look great when it's done.

Victoria Street has quite a few unannounced projects in the planning stages that are really going to make King and Victoria a dense area (provided they get approved). Hopefully the pandemic won't cause them to be scrapped if the economic impacts start to mean people won't be able to afford to buy a new home.
They started tower 2's physical tower today. There doing tower two in precast so it's gonna fly once they start going. They have some pictures on zehrs Instagram of the first precast pieces being put in place. https://www.instagram.com/p/CALPFyJgoWJ/...6ew2trav26
Really wasn't expecting precast from Momentum. I think this is a first for them.

(05-14-2020, 02:31 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Really wasn't expecting precast from Momentum. I think this is a first for them.
I think this might be there trial building for precast, that way in the future they know if precast works well for there building's both structurally and aesthetically. Would they do the garment building as precast also?
(05-14-2020, 02:31 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Really wasn't expecting precast from Momentum. I think this is a first for them.

What are the potential problems with precast?  Not sure why it's not used more.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »