Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
(01-07-2019, 07:26 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 11:26 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Which one is Tower 2 again?  ....  Smile

Tower 2 is the old Tower 3. Tower 2 is Tower 1, and Tower 1 is Tower 3, which might be built the same time as Tower 2.

I don't know what's wrong with me. But that makes sense

Man I'm confused. Why not drop the tower numbers and cal them by their name. One of the ONEHUNDRED condos is built leaving the other ONE HUNDRED tower and the other tower is a separate project called Garment street condo
Every time. My head explodes every time.
(01-07-2019, 10:42 PM)Spokes Wrote: Every time. My head explodes every time.

Things would have been fine had they built Tower 1 (which is now Tower 3) first, rather than Tower 2 (which is now Tower 1) first. And somehow the other project (Tower 3, but now known as Tower 2) got into the mix.

Guarantee this will be added to an IQ test at some point, as a scientific study, to see how many heads actually do explode.

Writing this just gave me a horrible headache, so now I have to find my T1's and take a handful and go to sleep.
Wait, what?? Tower one is tower three?

Which one is built now?? I assumed one.
I think there would be less confusion if they adopted a different naming convention. I propose Tower Square, Tower Triangle, and Tower Hexagon.
Haha, too funny. Let's just close our eyes until they are all built and then refer to them by their street number address literally ha. I bet One Hundred towers 1 and 2 will have the exact same address and be referred to as 'Tower I and Tower II' to differentiate, sparking a new wave of head explosions and micro heads growing in their place (re: Men in Black).

(12-20-2018, 10:05 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(12-20-2018, 03:18 AM)artembunglito Wrote: 23 sounds like garment because T2 from 100 is supposed to be 21, unless they changed that very last minute, but I don't think so.

edit: Apparently garment is 26 stories now. These guys change their floor numbers wildly during sales process.

This always surprised me.  Don't they usually have approval for a certain number of floors?  What if they sold more floors than they were approved for?

Of course they have approval for a certain number of floors, but if they see sales are going incredibly well then they ask for a variance to add more floors - it has happened on every project here. Usually it's a relatively simple process compared to the lengthy official plan and zoning amendments, site plan application, etc that they already had to go through to get initial approval.
Why not just say Tower 1 =17 floors, Tower 2 = 21 floors, Tower 3 = 28 floors?
(01-08-2019, 10:03 AM)jamincan Wrote: I think there would be less confusion if they adopted a different naming convention. I propose Tower Square, Tower Triangle, and Tower Hexagon.

Wait for the confusion when they decide to build Tower 4 in the old Bramm St yards and Tower 4 become Tower 3 and Tower 3 becomes Tower 5 and Tower five become Tower 4.

Damn, that's a freaking good rumour. That said, their might be some truth to all of that.
I think there is some truth to that actually.   In this article, having already mentioned the first two towers at The 100, they say:

Quote:Momentum still wants to build two more towers on Victoria Street South and we also have additional storeys being added to the Huck Glove building.

I don't know what they own, but wouldn't be surprised.
As in 2 more towers in addition to the 3 'under construction' (2 buildings of 100 Condos + Garment)? Or the 2 of the 3 I just mentioned that are not yet done?
I took it to mean Garment + 1. But it's a bit unclear.

Does anyone else think this looks a lot darker than the rendering?  I notice it especially coming from Park street towards downtown.

Not complaining though.  I like it
The building as a whole appears darker then rendering you mean? Or specific components of the exterior?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »