Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victoria Commons
It appears that the last of the townhomes are now under way: two blocks have been framed and have roofing under way, and the last has had its foundations poured.

The first condo building looks pretty good, and the foundation are dug for the second one.  Alas, no sign of commercial/retail space in the first building, it looks to be 100% residential condo units.

Attached Files Image(s)

It’s disappointing that there’s no commercial component yet, and I really hope that there is one in the second building, but I like the development a lot. The townhouses look great. I’ve seen some pictures and floor plans on MLS and elsewhere, and they look like they would be a good option for a lot of different types of households.

I think that the inner neighbourhoods would do well if developers could put up a more developments like this one (maybe at a smaller scale). For those people who do not want an apartment, but also want to avoid the maintenance of an older home, these are a great option that otherwise is hard to come by.
(02-23-2016, 02:52 PM)MidTowner Wrote: It’s disappointing that there’s no commercial component yet, and I really hope that there is one in the second building, but I like the development a lot. The townhouses look great. I’ve seen some pictures and floor plans on MLS and elsewhere, and they look like they would be a good option for a lot of different types of households.

I think that the inner neighbourhoods would do well if developers could put up a more developments like this one (maybe at a smaller scale). For those people who do not want an apartment, but also want to avoid the maintenance of an older home, these are a great option that otherwise is hard to come by.

Agreed. There are choices beyond either high-rise or detached; townhouses are quite dense too and they work as long as you don't absolutely have to have 4 of your own walls. Thinking of Montreal triplexes in particular.
Someone (possibly me) ought to check out the progress here. It's been a long time since a photo update, and a lot of progress has been made. When my #6 bus goes down Wellington, I can see that the southern townhomes are complete.
(06-20-2016, 10:30 AM)Markster Wrote: Someone (possibly me) ought to check out the progress here.  It's been a long time since a photo update, and a lot of progress has been made.  When my #6 bus goes down Wellington, I can see that the southern townhomes are complete.

The townhomes are now in the process of all being completed, I would think by the end of the summer they will be done.

The first condo building is now being occupied and finished up. (4 years after excavation)

The second condo has two underground stories of parking garage complete and first storey walls are being framed. New contractor working on this one with much faster progress being made.

I will try getting around to taking photos

(Have lived in a townhouse for two years now  Shy )
June 21st 2016

Attached Files Image(s)

Part 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Part 3

Attached Files Image(s)

This is coming together rather nicely.
Thanks for the photo update!
I dropped in today to get an update. The first condo building was to start occupancy August 2015. So they missed by almost a year. The second building is going to be 6 stories and they are working on the second floor now. The retail/commercial space is planned for 1st floor in building 3-5 but this might still change. Building 2 is slated for occupancy November 2016 but the developer rep on site figures it will be Spring 2017. The market has shifted and they are having trouble selling out the second building so they are trying to rent some units in the meantime. There are a number of units up for sale now for building 1 based on people buying on spec and trying to turn a profit or can no longer pay for them given they are almost a year late.
The townhouses are almost complete - the final row of houses is being bricked up. Landscaping is happening around the first condo building.

I've also heard rumour from friends in the development that buildings 3-5 won't be going up anytime soon - that they'll create green space/park there instead. This doesn't bode well for retail going in.
Landscaping on the green space between the sales center and the first row of townhouses has started. Here are two pictures from this morning.

Attached Files Image(s)

The phase II condo building is also now topped off at 6 stories, windows being installed on the lower floors. The internal roads should be completed before winter with curb repairs, re-paving, street lighting, sidewalks etc... This should really finish things off for the town homes (Now all built)
I have occupied a condo in phase 1 after years and years of delays and there are still a lot of incomplete items in the condo building. I heard there is a lot of commercial interest from big brands and local shops but who knows when Phase 3 will actually be built. The piazza was suppose to be done for Phase 1 for the townhouse and phase 1 condo owners but I think plans have changed anyone know anything?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »