Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
27 Gaukel St redevelopment | 3 fl | U/C
The uncovered portion of brick (that has since been painted over, originally covered with the Schreiters sign) looked pretty gaudy in my opinion. If it matched the brick of the current Thalmic offices more I'd be all for it, but this brick looked pretty patchwork with a heavy colour variance. Kinda vomit-coloured, and some of it was sooty vomit-coloured, to paint a vivd picture of it Smile

(12-03-2017, 10:48 AM)Spokes Wrote: I would too.  But I've been told by people not from around here that we "REALLY" love our brick here.

People from here don't need to say it - they know we're all about the brick!  Smile
Some pictures from inside the new office that were posted to Twitter

[Image: DalbgMdX0AAMpO7.jpg:large]

[Image: DalbgMgWsAAZK0C.jpg:large]

[Image: DalbgMhW4AEVLpR.jpg:large]

[Image: Dalbtn_WkAAxFyD.jpg:large]
Looks like it turned out very nice. I really like how much natural light comes through..
Looks like the building is being painted with a mural of some sort! Nice to see Smile

[Image: hhQFTT9.png]
So THAT is why they had all those tarps up! Smile
Quote:Permit No 21-112545
Permit Description Permit is for interior alterations for Google office.

Looks like Google is keeping both Thalmic/North buildings, and doing some upgrades on them.

Wow to Google for their investment in DTK. Amazing.

Never thought when I used first used Google 24 years ago, they’d be such a huge company, with a huge presence in Kitchener.
Noticed the other day that all the North signage was taken down, assumed everyone had consolidated into the Google buildings. But maybe they're just replacing it with Google signage?

Because, if so, damn. Thats the Google logo on 6 buildings within a few blocks of each other then (7, if you count the water tank behind the original breithaupt building)
Google took their sign off the Tannery recently
(05-23-2021, 03:18 PM)Lens Wrote: Google took their sign off the Tannery recently

Hadn't even considered that one! My count was

1. Breithaupt phase 1
2. Corner of breithaupt phase 2 (facing King) 
3. Breithaupt phase 3 (inevitably) 
4. Former North building at Gaukel
5. Former North building facing the terminal
6. Former Manulife building
7. Water tower behind the Breithaupt block
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »