Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Photo 
[Image: K2mfNtW.jpg]

Great shot. So based on the location within that block, that appears to be the start of the Garment St condo itself (not the other One Hundred), right?
(08-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Great shot. So based on the location within that block, that appears to be the start of the Garment St condo itself (not the other One Hundred), right?

If true, this means I was correct: Tower 2 = Tower 1, Tower 3 = Tower 2, and therefor Tower 1 = Tower 4 and Tower 4 = Tower 1. For now, unless Tower 5 becomes Tower 4. Which makes Tower 3 Tower 1, and Tower 1 becomes Tower 6.

I love these conspiracies! Kitchener is rocking!
I think they are excavating across the whole property for the underground structure do to proximity
Sounds like jeffster's theory just got debunked.
(08-11-2019, 05:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: Sounds like jeffster's theory just got debunked.

Just let's stick with the conspiracies. Something is amuck, that's for sure.

In all seriousness, though, I do image at some point there is going to be a lot more action at the old Bramm St Yards nearby. This is only the beginning.
Tower 4 and Tower 5 whaa...I'm not even gonna ask LOL.

I had a feeling the Tower # thing was going to come up again! They have names too you know...so why don't we just stick to names hehe. One Hundred condo - the second building (the only one left to build since one entire building is already erect) and the Garment St. tower (the only Garment St. tower by that name and the tallest of the 3 'towers' in that vicinity planned). How's that ha?

(08-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Great shot. So based on the location within that block, that appears to be the start of the Garment St condo itself (not the other One Hundred), right?

The 100 tower is being worked on to the right, you can see the rebar. But yes it does look like garment AND the office building parking (or foundation) is being dug up now
(08-12-2019, 10:20 PM)artembunglito Wrote:

The 100 tower is being worked on to the right, you can see the rebar. But yes it does look like garment AND the office building parking (or foundation) is being dug up now

I'm pretty sure the area the office will go is currently just being used for construction staging (which implicitly tells us something about the timeline for that component). It looks like the garage will extend under Garment St (the road, not building), probably because it'll be shared between Garment St (the condo) and the office.
Footings going in right behind Huck glove. I assume for a second crane given the reinforced box they gave made with rebar
Nice. Coming along well. From what I can see of the current One Hundred Condo standing there occupied - there is almost nothing done of amenities/ground level stuff. If that little entrance with directory off Victoria is the main entrance, that's a negligible lobby
(09-05-2019, 06:04 PM)white_brian Wrote: Footings going in right behind Huck glove. I assume for a second crane given the reinforced box they gave made with rebar
Would one crane not hit the other being so close?  Also what happened to the other photos?
(09-06-2019, 03:58 AM)Square Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 06:04 PM)white_brian Wrote: Footings going in right behind Huck glove. I assume for a second crane given the reinforced box they gave made with rebar
Would one crane not hit the other being so close?  Also what happened to the other photos?
If there is clearance issues, they may use a Luffing Boom style tower crane

There is room for two cranes. Also the original house is coming down right now
Does the Glove Box office project have its own thread, separate from the condo tower thread? I see in today's G&M that they've secured KPMG as a tenant (entire top floor). I don't recall seeing that reported elsewhere. Uptown's loss will be DTK's gain ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »