Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Theme
Are people still having issues with YouTube videos posting properly?

The other big one is Twitter, and unfortunately still no fix Sad

No longer have to shoehorn in a timestamp, but the aspect ratio is still off.
It's off for me on mobile, did you post via desktop Kevin?
(09-16-2018, 02:15 PM)Spokes Wrote: It's off for me on mobile, did you post via desktop Kevin?

I did.
Testing, testing...

Nope, still broken.
What is broken specifically? Works fine for me on both desktop and mobile. (although with the altered aspect ratio, which is a non issue as soon as I go into full screen)

Ok, so found some info on the aspect ratio issue.

It's set at: width="70%" height="250px" so that it doesn't take up your full width, and likewise for height.  It was previously set at width="560" height="315" 

I changed it back to the original settings and due to the responsiveness of the theme, on mobile it's worse, half of the video is cut off.
This is what is broken; the video should show, but instead, it does not:

(09-16-2018, 09:50 PM)Canard Wrote: This is what is broken; the video should show, but instead, it does not:

Well that's weird, I see it fine. 
[Image: nkL6eEh.png]
(09-16-2018, 09:50 PM)Canard Wrote: This is what is broken; the video should show, but instead, it does not:

If I had to guess, videos have been disabled.

Go to your UserCP  then Edit Options, then under the Thread View Options, make sure display videos is clicked.

This happened to me and images weren't showing up for a while.
Unbelievable. That fixed it. I never turned that option off.
EXACT same response when I saw that about images.

So if anyone else isn't seeing videos or images, check your settings.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »