Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Funding roads (taxes, user fees etc)
(03-08-2018, 12:26 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 12:17 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: How can he not take it personally ? You directed your point to him.

I asked him a question, I didn't say, call him an "idiot" for example.  I didn't question his integrity, or his character, I asked him about his motivations.

"So you'll volunteer so long as you aren't forced to see what it costs you"  That was a judgmental comment directed at him.   No one said you called him names.  But you did turn it to a directed personal comment.  It is ok to accept when you are wrong. 

(03-08-2018, 12:33 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 12:26 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I asked him a question, I didn't say, call him an "idiot" for example.  I didn't question his integrity, or his character, I asked him about his motivations.

"So you'll volunteer so long as you aren't forced to see what it costs you"  That was a judgmental comment directed at him.   No one said you called him names.  But you did turn it to a directed personal comment.  It is ok to accept when you are wrong. 

I think any discussion of what, if anything, Dan may have done wrong should wait until after the apology for outright calling him an “idiot”, which is indisputably unparliamentary and inappropriate.
(03-08-2018, 12:33 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 12:26 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I asked him a question, I didn't say, call him an "idiot" for example.  I didn't question his integrity, or his character, I asked him about his motivations.

I already said that it was a question of him personally.  I'm asking about their motivations.  That was part of the question.  You can claim that my phrasing was tactless or abrasive, and yes, perhaps judgemental in tone, but it was not a personal attack or insult, and it was part of a legitimate question.

Creative can reply and explain himself any time, instead he decided to call me an idiot.

And frankly, yes, I do have strong opinions about the statement, that if forced to pay directly for the resources he's using, he would stop volunteering, and the attempt to use that to support a "think of the children" as an argument against road pricing.  And I could have resorted to name calling, instead I asked about his motivations, to try and better understand why he feels this way.
(03-04-2018, 02:18 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: I can't think of anyone on this site who is an idiot.

HELLO!  I'M OVER HERE!  Tongue

Coke
I am sorry that I called you an idiot. I have no knowledge of your mental well being! I would say turn your computer off and go outside once in awhile but from your statements on this site, you are stuck at home because everyone in your neighborhood parks all over the sidewalks, which no one ever shovels the snow off plus you are also unable to ride your bike anywhere because the bike infrastructure is so poor or full of dirt and car parts.
(03-08-2018, 04:40 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 02:18 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: I can't think of anyone on this site who is an idiot.

HELLO!  I'M OVER HERE!  Tongue

Coke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u93bhAimFFU
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »