Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
And a different point of view, as seen from Duke St.

Did they let you onto the site?  Perhaps as a citizen journalist?
(07-03-2019, 02:26 PM)jgsz Wrote: Did they let you onto the site?  Perhaps as a citizen journalist?

Oh no, definitely not. I took the photo over the top of the fence. Smile
When the gates are open, be ready for a photo!

Thanks Tom for all of the photo updates!
jgsz's vantage point is better though!
Yes, thank you!!

2019-07-11

Update:  Lots of work this week.  It looks like some walls are being erected.

(07-11-2019, 03:56 PM)jgsz Wrote: 2019-07-11

are they having underground parking in this? it doesn't look like there will be space for cars from where all of the upright rebar bars are.
(07-11-2019, 09:05 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 03:56 PM)jgsz Wrote: 2019-07-11

are they having underground parking in this? it doesn't look like there will be space for cars from where all of the upright rebar bars are.

I heard that one parking level will be underground.  The rest of the parking will be in the back part of the podium.
(07-12-2019, 06:41 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:05 PM)ZEBuilder Wrote: are they having underground parking in this? it doesn't look like there will be space for cars from where all of the upright rebar bars are.

I heard that one parking level will be underground.  The rest of the parking will be in the back part of the podium.

Back and side - it will, unfortunately, be very visible on the Frederick St side facing the courthouse.
2019-07-19

Walls are going up faster at DTK than at the US-Mexico border.

(07-19-2019, 02:53 PM)jgsz Wrote: 2019-07-19

Walls are going up faster at DTK than at the US-Mexico border.

Be careful of what you say; if Trump gets Wind of THIS, for Sure he'll make a Trade War with Kitchener Because we don't Treat them FAIRLY. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! #MEGA! Stop KITCHENER FROM Ripping of USa Agilehenren.

2019-07-31

Concrete pour today.  This area is between the church and Duke Street. 

2019-08-10

They work on this site every day.  All the walls make no sense to me.  Some seem to have windows and some seem to have doors.  If this level is for underground parking I have no idea how it would work.  The second picture shows a closeup of the area abutting Duke Street and the church.  It's elevated but they seem to using tiles instead of pouring concrete.  I'm baffled by it all.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »