Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
The architect from the website hints looks to be SRM.

(03-29-2018, 08:00 AM)ac3r Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:54 AM)jgsz Wrote: Still no render on the IN8 site.  I'd love to see what they have in mind.

It looks okay. Very pre-cast in areas, but what isn't these days? There should be images available soon through their site or a press release, whichever first.

As in pre-cast brick?
Can a mod change the heading to Duke Tower Kitchener?
As much as I love all of the hotness that's happening around King and Victoria, I like that this project shifts some of the focus elsewhere in DTK
(03-29-2018, 09:01 PM)Spokes Wrote: As much as I love all of the hotness that's happening around King and Victoria, I like that this project shifts some of the focus elsewhere in DTK

With this proposal, the second phase of Arrow, the American Block redevelopment (if it happens), and the Drewlo proposal, there seems enough going on in the eastern half of the core to keep DTK in balance.  A good thing, istm.
Renders now available, I like what I see.

Parking entrance is on Frederick, so car movements don't affect the LRT - good thinking.

But man, is that thing tall.

The render seems to confirm that the building that houses Exclamation Point restaurant is included in the project.
Site conditions pre-construction:

What are the odds that this project gets built as proposed?
(03-31-2018, 09:21 PM)rangersfan Wrote: What are the odds that this project gets built as proposed?

I'd say pretty good the way things are going at this stage. People need somewhere to live, the ION is right close by. Anyway, I'm just being positive about this. That is one impressive looking condo and will look awesome in DTK.
I am very excited about getting future of Downtown and I also like the look of this project.
Do we know if the development is going to be mixed use?
I would like to see the render of this building put on the front page of Waterloo Region Connected.  Looks very good.
(03-31-2018, 11:04 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Do we know if the development is going to be mixed use?

The render appears to show ground-floor retail at the very least.

This project should become "The Duke Downtown".... I really like it. Think I might buy into it.
(03-31-2018, 08:07 PM)rangersfan Wrote: The render seems to confirm that the building that houses Exclamation Point restaurant is included in the project.
Site conditions pre-construction:

Some perspective condition applied:

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »