Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed
What parking at Weber and Queen?

The building on the south (/southwest) corner.
Do you mean the office building at 50 Queen St N, which is currently being renovated?
No, the building across Queen from that office building, across Weber from the old Courthouse, and kitty corner to the church, the one whose first four floors are parking.
Ahhh … the Regency (I was assuming Kitchener southwest). Not the most beautiful building but then it isn't very new, either. But I don't really think the DTK podium is the same as this one.

(10-29-2018, 11:09 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: What are the parking minimums here?

Almost certainly there isn't enough parking for all residents: when I talked to the sales agent in the spring, she suggested that parking at Market Square was much more cost-effective than purchasing a parking space.
Only similar in that they have parking in the podium rather than underground

Very little left of the corner building:

Starting on the church next:

It better not rain, they knocked a big hole in the roof of the church...
(10-30-2018, 01:13 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: It better not rain, they knocked a big hole in the roof of the church...

At least in the roof of the chapel beside the church.  Part of me wishes that chapel building could have been saved somehow.  I've never been inside it, but always seemed to me that it would have been suited to serve as a small music venue.
Photo 
[Image: pKWHLGk.jpg]

October 31st, 2018
[Image: x78g4hI.jpg]

November 3rd, 2018
[Image: izRn8TF.jpg]

November 3rd, 2018

As excited as we are to see progress here, you've got to think that for some church members, the last few days of demolition were pretty tough.
(11-05-2018, 11:41 AM)Spokes Wrote: As excited as we are to see progress here, you've got to think that for some church members, the last few days of demolition were pretty tough.

Interesting you note and acknowledge that. I have been watching and reflecting how difficult this must be for the previous parishioners.  It is significant to lose a building like this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »