Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vancouver, BC to Seattle and Portland High-speed rail
Add another high-speed rail study to the stack:
Vancouver and Washington (state) studying high-speed rail

Article talks of 400kph and links to Seattle and Portland.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

I've got a trip booked on the Cascades route in June, I'm excited to check out the scenery... but the trip is 4 and half hours! I know the border crossing adds a bit of time but it seems like it'll be a pretty slow crawl, but apparently it is scenic so that should be nice.
Hope your luck is better than ours! We booked a trip on the Cascades a few years ago, too, and the train was cancelled after a mudslide. Apparently a very, very, very common event. The replacement bus ride was horrible and stupid.
(03-18-2018, 10:00 PM)Canard Wrote: Hope your luck is better than ours! We booked a trip on the Cascades a few years ago, too, and the train was cancelled after a mudslide. Apparently a very, very, very common event. The replacement bus ride was horrible and stupid.

Whoa, I no idea how bad it was. I hope I don't end up on a bus since I'm travelling with my bicycle. I'm only going to Seattle anyway so hopefully the area around Everett that used to be a problem isn't. Seems like new issues are in southern Washington.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »