Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District
(06-22-2018, 10:33 AM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 11:57 AM)Markster Wrote: Here's the full site plan from the pdf.

They've chosen to redevelop the most conveniently square-shaped plots of land.  And that corner parking lot is usually pretty vacant, so it won't impact mall patrons. I agree that any kind of street presence would be better served to the west, but with the existing building and the hydro ROW in the way, it would leave them working on triangular plots.

Having recently walked from the bus mall to the Holiday Inn on the other side of the highway, I won't object to having a building casting some shade on me.  There are more pedestrians here than you might think.

The loss of the Sears Brutalism is unfortunate. It's clear that it's just a straight up recladding, so it's all for aesthetics. I do understand that it's hard business being a mall these days, and you need to keep fresh to stay in it.

What's the deal with Lot 'O'?  Did the Region expropriate that land so that CF could get extra parking???

Coke

New GRT Fairway Terminal  + Park and Ride Lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fairview Park Mall - Grand Market District - by neonjoe - 06-22-2018, 11:22 AM