Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
(09-08-2017, 11:49 AM)yige_t Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 11:28 AM)Markster Wrote: And, as usual, introducing a 202 stop at King/University to facilitate transfers to/from the consolidated #7 has been forgotten.

No they haven't!

(Turn on the iXpress stop layer using the layers menu on top-left)

Whaaaaat!!! I would happily be corrected.

I was basing my complaint on the lack of a "Route 202" section on this page. If Route 202 is being changed by adding a stop, they should really add that.
http://www.grt.ca/en/about-grt/2018-tran...twork.aspx

(09-08-2017, 09:54 AM)yige_t Wrote: GRT has posted detailed information on the proposed 2018 network, including individual route maps (with detailed Downtown Kitchener routing), frequencies, interlining pattern.

http://www.grt.ca/en/about-grt/2018-tran...twork.aspx

Ugh, still nothing for anyone who lives southwest of the Doon South roundabout.  There's 16 more square blocks of houses (not shown on this map) beyond the new Groh Public School that will be half filled by Christmas.
(09-08-2017, 11:50 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Would you suggest moving the Laurier stop from the Laurier gates to King? Or just doubling up the stops there?

My preference would be to re-do the stops along University altogether.

Instead of:
Weber, Hazel, Philip, Seagram

Have:
Weber, King, Albert, ION/Laurel Trail, Seagram

I also understand that there is no way they would abandon all those expensive stops they built.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I find it funny how they are showing the route 7 northbound as turning left from Regina to the laurel trail/train tracks to go back on King

Edit: it's meant to turn left on Willis Way, right?

[Image: tXVo82c.jpg]
Ugh, and I had forgotten about that crime against transit...
(09-08-2017, 01:38 PM)Markster Wrote: Ugh, and I had forgotten about that crime against transit...

Yup... but there are potential good news regarding this that would make you happy... let's see how it develops but lets just say that the Regina configuration is not final. Also PLEASE leave your comments about the plan, both positive and negative because they really help Regional staff make a case for improvements.
Crime in transit?

(09-08-2017, 02:22 PM)Canard Wrote: Crime in transit?

I think he means the weird detour of 7 up Regina, rather than just figuring out how to work in an Uptown stop on King around the LRT tracks as originally planned.
Oh right, now I remember. Chaos!
Aaaaaand it has been updated:

[Image: WevydMM.jpg]
~~~mysterious~~~
(09-08-2017, 03:36 PM)urbd Wrote: Aaaaaand it has been updated:

[Image: WevydMM.jpg]

After they were sure enough they had to do the detour that they installed a bus shelter on William St.? Weird… but I won’t really believe it until I see bus stop signs on King. Although I did notice when I walked by last night that the William St. stop is marked as “temporary”.
(09-08-2017, 10:30 AM)MidTowner Wrote: This doesn't seem very grid-like to me, but obviously it's better in that respect. I wonder why the 3 exists. The 4 could have been extended to serve as a crosstown by taking Union, Margaret and Guelph, and provided coverage in the Breithaupt Park neighbourhood. Apart from there, the 3 doesn't travel anywhere other routes won't travel much more quickly- I wonder how long that jog past the bus depot will take?
Route 3 provides a direct link between Downtown Kitchener and the Strasburg Road depot. That's its sole purpose.

IMO, operate route 8 between GRH and Fairway via Margaret and Courtland as they are today. Glasgow is never getting Sunday service.

(09-08-2017, 11:28 AM)Markster Wrote: And, as usual, introducing a 202 stop at King/University to facilitate transfers to/from the consolidated #7 has been forgotten.
And, as usual, rerouting the 12, 29, and 202 to the transit plaza or Laurier-Waterloo Park Station to facilitate transfer to/from ION has been forgotten.

(09-08-2017, 11:49 AM)yige_t Wrote:

No they haven't!
So much for "Xpress"... Dodgy

(09-08-2017, 12:30 PM)KevinT Wrote: Ugh, still nothing for anyone who lives southwest of the Doon South roundabout.  There's 16 more square blocks of houses (not shown on this map) beyond the new Groh Public School that will be half filled by Christmas.
Agreed.

IMO, reroute route 16 so that it travels (from Black Walnut) Pioneer, right Doon Village, Doon Mills, left Doon South, right Homer Watson to Conestoga College. This would free the busPLUS vehicle for extended local coverage in Doon South.

Route 16 needs to serve Mill ION. In runs so close to making a meaningful transfer there.

I should also note that almost all sections of the former Route 8 except for the Weber Street portions are seeing a not insignificant service cut. Courtland, Belmont, Margaret, and Franklin are all dropping down to 30 minute peak frequency compared to 15 minute peak they have today.
The neighbourhoods along Queen, especially between Highland and Courtland, are losing service a lot of service between 2018 and 2021, especially in the peak periods:
The #8 usually runs every 15min to Charles in peak, is not being replaced on Queen until the new #28 in 2021, and the new #16 does not go (quickly) to/near Ion/Charles on its 2018 or 2021 routing and only runs every 30min anyway.
The #2 usually runs every 30min to Charles in peak, is not being replaced on Queen, and shifted away from Queen to Stirling.

So usually there are 14 buses per hour (four 204s, four 8s, four 1s, and two 2s) during the peak hours along that stretch, which is admittedly very good compared to other areas in the region, but from 2018 to 2021 there a loss of 6 buses per hour connecting to Ion in an area that is just beyond the 800m walk-shed of several Ion stations.

I wonder if they would consider increasing the 204 to every 10min (all day) to partially compensate. 

Also, with the #16/#3 dropping people at Mt. Hope and King they really need to fix the access to the GRH station's Ion platform at the north end.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »