Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
I've filed feedback under "Error" saying that it appears to be misfiled under News due to tone and failure to cite references.

I figure they may work like Bylaw: using complaints as a performance metric.

Good point. Still, hard to say.

I did see that he corrected the missing information. Seriously sloppy to post it without though.
Possibly the one facility hit most by the changes will be Forest Glen terminal - these were put up recently:

[Image: 2wpw.jpg]

edit: correct rotation
(03-20-2018, 05:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: Possibly the one facility hit most by the changes will be Forest Glen terminal - these were put up recently:

[Image: 2wnm.jpg]

I mean all the in town routes will be removed from Charles Street Terminal too based on the maps i've seen
Fair point! I guess because Charles is on the Ion route it's not as big an impact; Forest Glen seems detached from the tracks, but the changes will come anyway...
Charles street had similar signs
Added the April pass to my easy go card, and the bus reader still shows Mar 31 expiry. Guess they keep the monthly passes separate on the card instead of extending the existing pass.

So the real test comes the first time you use it in April...
The ION branded bus made it onto the iXpress route today.
(03-23-2018, 08:34 AM)trainspotter139 Wrote: The ION branded bus made it onto the iXpress route today.

That's good, people in KW can have a sneak peek now Smile
What is the thinking behind using the new ION buses on random GRT routes until the trains are running, rather than putting the aBRT route into operation immediately?
(03-23-2018, 11:18 AM)panamaniac Wrote: What is the thinking behind using the new ION buses on random GRT routes until the trains are running, rather than putting the aBRT route into operation immediately?

Expose the public to the new buses rather than there being a jarring change when the ION starts running.... it also allows GRT to retire some of the old buses stored at the Conestoga Blvd. garage in Cambridge.
Also, less than half the buses serving the 200 at any given time are from the Cambridge garage. You could not easily have these all serve it unless you insert a transfer at Fairway, which would have too many objections to be worthwhile.

From Reddit:

[Image: uHXevc8.jpg]
I've just heard that the 205, the Ottawa street iXpress, will be getting an early launch in one month's time - April 30. Unexpected, but very welcome!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »