Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
(05-18-2019, 09:46 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: For as long as it took to get started with this and all the ups and downs, I'm glad it's finally happening

Oh crap! The memories! You could write a full encyclopedia on it!

There was a website floating around a while back with pictures of the interior of the original building

(05-22-2019, 07:28 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 09:46 PM)jeffster Wrote: Oh crap! The memories! You could write a full encyclopedia on it!

There was a website floating around a while back with pictures of the interior of the original building

https://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=27243
(05-23-2019, 09:11 PM)Acitta Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 07:28 PM)Spokes Wrote: There was a website floating around a while back with pictures of the interior of the original building

https://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=27243

Damn, it was a beautiful building.  Too bad the design didn't replicate the original building more.  Oh well yet another lost opportunity !! sigh
Townhouses are progressing fairly quickly, and in spite of being taller, the design fits nicely into the neighbourhood.

Wow. You're right they fit in perfectly
I really appreciate the extra care they've taken with the brickwork. The little ornamental flourishes are really attractive and thoughtful.
(06-08-2019, 08:39 AM)Belmonster Wrote: I really appreciate the extra care they've taken with the brickwork. The little ornamental flourishes are really attractive and thoughtful.

It really helps when area residents are on board and invested in making it a good development instead of trying to stop it.

(06-08-2019, 09:36 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 08:39 AM)Belmonster Wrote: I really appreciate the extra care they've taken with the brickwork. The little ornamental flourishes are really attractive and thoughtful.

It really helps when area residents are on board and invested in making it a good development instead of trying to stop it.

It wasn't always smooth sailing. Credit to the developer for adjusting the plans in order to get the neighbours on board with it.
Aesthetically, I wish they went all brick instead of a mix of stone and brick, but it is very well done regardless.
(06-08-2019, 01:23 PM)jamincan Wrote: Aesthetically, I wish they went all brick instead of a mix of stone and brick, but it is very well done regardless.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the current trend of multiple exterior claddings, although there are worse examples than these.  These duplexes will have, what, four different exterior finishes?  I think they could have lost the stone and just stuck with the brick.
They are now building out the sixth and final floor at Barra; I believe the bit at the top centre in the photo will enclose air conditioning units.

Topped out now.

Just curious and without scrolling through all pages, anyone on this forum purchase a unit at this place, Barra?

Wow, that house appears to be very close to condos...
(09-09-2019, 12:54 PM)Chris Wrote: Wow, that house appears to be very close to condos...

It's very close, I would guess less than 2m.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »