Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete
Definitely new.

Exciting confirmation that the developer can build a sign ....
Could there be more buzzwords on that sign.  

I don't know about anyone else but referring to it as "Exclusive" and "Boutique" almost turns me off.

I had the same reaction to the "Private Residences" that 155 Caroline turned into.

Perhaps I am just not their target audience---despite the fact that I was interested in the style and location of that development.
I'm gonna call every apartment building a "collection of suites" from now on.
There's a new project in Toronto where every apartment is described as a "penthouse".
Some of this marketing almost seems as though it is aimed at flippers and investors rather than future residents, seems intent on misleading in a way that only non-locals could possibly be deceived by.
(04-20-2017, 03:05 PM)Chicopee Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:59 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Could there be more buzzwords on that sign.  

I don't know about anyone else but referring to it as "Exclusive" and "Boutique" almost turns me off.

I had the same reaction to the "Private Residences" that 155 Caroline turned into.

Perhaps I am just not their target audience---despite the fact that I was interested in the style and location of that development.

I agree. To me, "Exclusive" means small, and "Boutique" means expensive.

Even if I ignore the "expensive" connotations, they just strike me as meaning "I don't like the neighbourhood, here I can pretend I'm not part of it."   But that's just how it feels to me.  Keep in mind, I don't feel particularly community or neighbourhood oriented myself, but I still don't like housing that seems advertised that way.

Some activity on site today.  And a building permit (17-109086 CB) has been issued for a temporary sales office.

Unfortunately that wasn't work on the Barra project, crews were using it as a staging area for some landscaping work at the 379 Queen building (the polo corp offices with the MPP's office) two doors down.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
VIP sales event starting June 9 and 10 if anyone is interested
The floor plans were posted to their facebook page too.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-25-2017, 11:44 AM)amylu416 Wrote: VIP sales event starting June 9 and 10 if anyone is interested

Housing for VIPs?  Wink
Photo 
A "Launch Event" is planned for this Saturday, June 10.

I'll be interested to hear how sales go. I had doubts about whether this project would ever see the light of day. I'm glad I'm wrong.
VIP sales start Friday @ 5 @ the Tannery
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »