Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
(06-25-2019, 08:53 PM)rangersfan Wrote: According to the article below 1253 sq meters of commercial space.

https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/...east-side/

That's enough for a small grocery store (this would be about 13,500 square feet). Though perhaps not "downtown" enough.

I'm glad the east end is getting more attention.

they have a crane on site moving rebar around and a water pump as they are going fairly deep compared to what i expected. the first forms are just going in. they poured a slab like they did at duke tower to build the rebar on.
A portable crane, specifically. And still four excavators, the last I counted.
Sounds like they're super busy.

I'm just trying to envision the way downtown is going to look 3 years from now, it really won't be recognizable, especially with Duke Street Tower and Charlie West.
(06-26-2019, 09:09 PM)jeffster Wrote: Sounds like they're super busy.

I'm just trying to envision the way downtown is going to look 3 years from now, it really won't be recognizable, especially with Duke Street Tower and Charlie West.

In terms of skyline, yes, but the Drewlo project will have a bigger impact at street level, istm.
And also with regards to location and what's around it
There is bound to be a bunch more additional development/intensification in the east end, near Drewlo. Market Lofts is on the way, BT hopefully soon. And there are a lot of brownfield properties between King and Charles available for development.

No concrete yet, but getting closer.

They have Madison and Cameron closed this Saturday for a concrete pour. Crane/s coming soon?
Massive concrete pour today at this site.
This is the beginning of the pour, fairly early this morning:

There's more of a slope to that site than I ever realized.
I knew there was podium parking, but I thought that there would need to be more underground than they currently have.

Excavation across the Charles St is progressing. Footings on the King St side are about 2/3 across.
As of this morning, roughly 8:30 or so.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »