Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Vertikal (471-481 King St E) | 23 & 19 fl | U/C
(10-10-2019, 08:52 PM)Square Wrote: In the second picture, is that not the crane tower base?  The blue square near the concrete pumper on Cameron?   I walked by here today, could not find a crane base for the Madison tower.
That is correct they only have the one tower crane base in place. They are going to have another one for the Madison tower but there is no sign of where it is going.

Thank you ZEBuilder, keep us informed of any new info.
They brought in a massive crane about ten minutes ago and a truck just pulled up with what looks to be crane pieces but I may be wrong. Will give an update when on my lunch.
Add one more to the list!
(10-16-2019, 09:23 AM)Spokes Wrote: Add one more to the list!
They have stopped because of the rain and wind but I can confirm that they have pieces on site. It will be up by the end of the week from an estimate.
Is this the Cameron Tower crane?
(10-16-2019, 01:23 PM)Square Wrote: Is this the Cameron Tower crane?
yes

Thanks.
Now that I have had a closer look it looks like the other crane base. It looks as if it is going to have something special for it as there are big metal bars sitting beside it.
So the Madison side then? Maybe they will put both up then?
(10-16-2019, 04:53 PM)Square Wrote: So the Madison side then?  Maybe they will put both up then?
yeah the base for the Madison side was the one that they brought in today. before i asked if they would put them up individually or at the same time due to cost and scheduling so it looks like it would be the later (putting them up at the same time)
Whats the word ? Crane going up today ?
(10-17-2019, 11:13 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: Whats the word ?    Crane going up today ?
No they were just unloading another crane base that is super wierd so it looked like a part of the next tower crane so it is just another crane base

Ok, thanks...Interesting though... So likely both cranes will be erected at the same time...
They were hooking into regional utilities today and final installing the Cameron tower's tower crane base. It's been siting there for two weeks just lying on dirt. King is going to be closed between Cameron and Madison next week would it be too early for the tower cranes? The Cameron tower's tower crane base isn't your normal cast in place one. It is like an x going from 4 pads with the base going on top. So no need to wait for the concrete to cure. So would the cranes going up next week be too early?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »