Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lime Scooter Share
The pilot is ending as planned. I don’t think there’s anything more to read into it at this point. We should learn more towards the end of September when the report of the pilots is published.

Entertainingly, to me at least, as my wife and I were driving along Park behind the hospital a couple of days ago, we saw a lime scooter on the sidewalk. Assuming the geofencing is still working, someone must have worked pretty hard to get it there.

(08-09-2019, 08:34 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: The pilot is ending as planned. I don’t think there’s anything more to read into it at this point. We should learn more towards the end of September when the report of the pilots is published.

Entertainingly, to me at least, as my wife and I were driving along Park behind the hospital a couple of days ago, we saw a lime scooter on the sidewalk. Assuming the geofencing is still working, someone must have worked pretty hard to get it there.

The UW Daily Bulletin reported: "What a twist: The Lime e-scooter pilot on the University of Waterloo campus will be ending on August 12 at 11:59 p.m. This brings the pilot project on both the University campus and in the Waterloo community to a close. Lime will be looking ahead to 2020 when they hope the provincial government updates legislation that would allow a formal rollout of e-scooters on public roads."

Not sure where they got what Lime is thinking from.
(08-09-2019, 08:34 AM)robdrimmie Wrote: The pilot is ending as planned. I don’t think there’s anything more to read into it at this point. We should learn more towards the end of September when the report of the pilots is published.

I've seen them all over the city, well down into Kitchener.

It isn't hard, the geofence is a joke, it doesn't actually stop the scooter, it's pretty clear they weren't intending to prevent this type of use.
(08-09-2019, 09:06 AM)plam Wrote:

The UW Daily Bulletin reported: "What a twist: The Lime e-scooter pilot on the University of Waterloo campus will be ending on August 12 at 11:59 p.m. This brings the pilot project on both the University campus and in the Waterloo community to a close. Lime will be looking ahead to 2020 when they hope the provincial government updates legislation that would allow a formal rollout of e-scooters on public roads."

Not sure what you mean, I think it's understood that Lime would prefer the province make their business legal...
(08-09-2019, 09:23 AM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 09:06 AM)plam Wrote: The UW Daily Bulletin reported: "What a twist: The Lime e-scooter pilot on the University of Waterloo campus will be ending on August 12 at 11:59 p.m. This brings the pilot project on both the University campus and in the Waterloo community to a close. Lime will be looking ahead to 2020 when they hope the provincial government updates legislation that would allow a formal rollout of e-scooters on public roads."

Not sure what you mean, I think it's understood that Lime would prefer the province make their business legal...

Well, sure, but did they make that statement on the record?
https://xkcd.com/2195/

If you open the link on a desktop machine there's an extra punchline when you float over the comic with your mouse...
(10-30-2019, 10:46 AM)KevinT Wrote: https://xkcd.com/2195/

If you open the link on a desktop machine there's an extra punchline when you float over the comic with your mouse...

https://m.xkcd.com/2195/ if you want to view the extra punchline on mobile.

FYI - started a new thread for updates to micromobility (bikeshare, e-scooters, etc.) here:

https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/...p?tid=1530
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »