Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Glove Box | 6 fl | U/C
This is interesting - first I ever heard about widening Victoria or adding bike lanes. Agreed Victoria needs some curb appeal. It is a fast road, I don't imagine a lot of street facing restaurants would want to open up. There is really nothing after Settlement and Co (1 Victoria) until City Cafe I think? Both those coffee shops.

As I mentioned before, may be in a different thread, I don't see the development going down Victoria until the area between Kit and Waterloo is filled, and now it seems this 'Breithaupt' region that was unknown to me forever. Google's location spear heading the direction of development yah?

Yeah, widening will definitely not happen, there is no right of way available, they'd be demolishing buildings. That would never happen for cycling infra. It is remotely possible the region could do a road diet to 3 lanes, it's totally feasible with the traffic volumes, especially once the new Highway 7 is built. Much more likely however is to buy all the houses on one side past Park St. demolish them to widen the road for more cars. And because the priorities of our regional transportation master plan are to provide multi-modal, sustainable, transportation options, clearly the answer is we're only going to widen the road for cars.
New highway 7? Well this is a first I have heard of this. Could you direct me to more info? Aerial image of proposal etc?
(11-14-2018, 10:38 AM)Momo26 Wrote: New highway 7? Well this is a first I have heard of this. Could you direct me to more info? Aerial image of proposal etc?

Check out the thread about it, it starts at the expressway & victoria and goes to the north end of the Hanlon expressway in Guelph.
Permit has been issued for this site for the following:
Permit No: 18108816
Permit is for the partial demolition of an existing industrial building. See permit #17 131478 for new shell only construction.

Another permit with the status "letter sent"
Permit No: 17131478
PERMIT IS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION FOR A NEW SHELL ONLY SIX STOREY OFFICE DEVELOPMENT. SEE PREVIOUSLY ISSUED DEMOLITION PERMIT #18 108816.
I see in today's G&M that they've secured KPMG as a tenant (entire top floor). I don't recall seeing that reported elsewhere. Uptown's loss will be DTK's gain ...

Paraphrasing from the Garment St. thread:

KPMG secured as top floor tenant apparently.

----

So they are moving their uptown Waterloo location or is this in addition to?

They will be situated directly across the street from their Deloitte competition...
HUGE coup for DTK and momentum. Wow
(09-10-2019, 11:25 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Paraphrasing from the Garment St. thread:

KPMG secured as top floor tenant apparently.

----

So they are moving their uptown Waterloo location or is this in addition to?

They will be situated directly across the street from their Deloitte competition...

According to the G&M piece, this is the KPMG Waterloo regional office, which would be moving from UTW to DTK.
Top floor - do we know the total square footage of each floor (would this include the new glass portion to be built also?). Wonder if we will see an expansion of the office size vs straight swap.
(09-10-2019, 12:13 PM)Momo26 Wrote: Top floor - do we know the total square footage of each floor (would this include the new glass portion to be built also?). Wonder if we will see an expansion of the office size vs straight swap.

22,000 sq ft.  I don't know how much space KPMG has at the current location in Waterloo.
I never really understood their current location in the north end of Waterloo. This makes way more sense to me. They can serve a lot of clients now within walking distance.

North End of Waterloo? I thought it's KPMG right smack dab in the middle of Uptown across from the Square (above Starbucks area), isn't it? Unless there are some factors at play/expansion, I think it is a fantastic location.

But whatever increases DTK's prestige, I'm down for it.
From the article, it appears it is the uptown location that is relocating. Funny, they were in DTK until 1990 when they relocated to uptown...

“To be part of this blend of old and new is most exciting to us,” Ms. Fedy says. “We are going to be very close to the downtown core and the hub of activity. Those things are very important to our people as they are currently in uptown Waterloo.”
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »