Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf Pro Popup
I think the golf pro deal is borderline spam to begin with, but starting just a short while ago (in the past 30 minutes or so?) I'm getting a pop up on every link I follow from the ""What's New" page. 

I get the need to pay for the site's upkeep, but the way advertising is being tried and implemented is increasingly off-putting.

I was just playing around with something, but I also didn't like it. It was deactivated, so it shouldn't be seen anymore, I'm surprised it was there on those links you were clicking. It shouldn't have been there.

Anyways, the goal of the giveaway isn't spam, it isn't to pay for upkeep (I'm not making anything on it) it's to promote the great things that people can do in Waterloo Region. It's one thing to say, hey go do this, it's another to say, go try this for free.
(11-14-2018, 11:21 AM)Spokes Wrote: I was just playing around with something, but I also didn't like it.  It was deactivated, so it shouldn't be seen anymore, I'm surprised it was there on those links you were clicking.  It shouldn't have been there.

Anyways, the goal of the giveaway isn't spam, it isn't to pay for upkeep (I'm not making anything on it) it's to promote the great things that people can do in Waterloo Region.  It's one thing to say, hey go do this, it's another to say, go try this for free.

I trust you have noticed that no matter what you do many (lots of?) people will just not be happy with what you are doing with your web site.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this forum.
Thanks for the kind words MacBerry
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »