Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
46-50 Hickory Street West | 6 fl | U/C
46-50 Hickory Street West
SRM Architects
The proposed development will contain 40 residential units, 12 parking spaces and 19 bike parking spaces on the subject site.

Zoning change application documents

[Image: 18001_2018-06-14_View%201.jpg]

They are currently pouring the foundations and structural supports on this project.

Its going up quite quickly
July 16, 2019

[Image: 6ClptNq.jpg]

[Image: r2leQHN.jpg]
Very nice. Perfect height and massing for this corner. It's so interesting to see Northdale transform like a real life SimCity!
(07-17-2019, 04:41 PM)urbd Wrote: Very nice. Perfect height and massing for this corner. It's so interesting to see Northdale transform like a real life SimCity!

Pretty good way of putting it!
September 24, 2019

[Image: 06TfUMW.jpg]
Thanks Watdot for the photo updates.

October 11, 2019

Black brick is starting to go on.  New fire hydrant also went in across the street.  I know people have different opinions about the redevelopment of Northdale but there are definitely improvements to note, like the additional fire hydrants.  Crappy lawns with garbage all over them are now limited to the old student ghetto houses.  The houses are in such rough shape it amazes me that they can get insurance for them.  Nevertheless, hope there's more projects like this one within the center of Northdale. it's coming together nicely.

[Image: m3Nli7O.jpg]
(10-11-2019, 01:50 PM)Watdot Wrote: October 11, 2019

Black brick is starting to go on.  New fire hydrant also went in across the street.  I know people have different opinions about the redevelopment of Northdale but there are definitely improvements to note, like the additional fire hydrants.  Crappy lawns with garbage all over them are now limited to the old student ghetto houses.  The houses are in such rough shape it amazes me that they can get insurance for them.  Nevertheless, hope there's more projects like this one within the center of Northdale. it's coming together nicely.

[Image: m3Nli7O.jpg]

Thanks for the photo update. I really like this one and the way it addresses the corner, I think it's massing is great. Now what Northdale needs is more non-students to move in, so hopefully with all these new buildings there is a more diverse mix of people. Northdale could become what Uptown never was: a true walkable, mixed use and denser neighbourhood with lots to see and explore. Unfortunately the types of units being offered are so small and compartmentalized that might only be attractive to students.
(10-11-2019, 03:55 PM)urbd Wrote: Thanks for the photo update. I really like this one and the way it addresses the corner, I think it's massing is great. Now what Northdale needs is more non-students to move in, so hopefully with all these new buildings there is a more diverse mix of people. Northdale could become what Uptown never was: a true walkable, mixed use and denser neighbourhood with lots to see and explore. Unfortunately the types of units being offered are so small and compartmentalized that might only be attractive to students.

Agreed. Too bad there wasn't a developer that would take the risk. The area is walking distance to significant professional employment, Waterloo Park, LRT, Uptown, etc.
Will this be done by the new year? I’ve seen some advertising for a sublet starting in January.
(11-19-2019, 08:27 PM)eh-cun71 Wrote: Will this be done by the new year? I’ve seen some advertising for a sublet starting in January.
No. My friend is an electrician on this project and they are way behind. The management wants it's done for January but the contractors are thinking March without any further delays, but probably later.
Even march is really fast for the project start to finish

The project status for this should be updated to U/C.
Thanks for catching that. Done
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »