Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Civic 66 (Weber, Scott and Pearl Pl) | 11 fl | U/C
More info : https://www.therecord.com/news-story/917...ener-core/

(02-12-2019, 03:50 AM)Square Wrote: More info :  https://www.therecord.com/news-story/917...ener-core/

It's good to see more rental units being built.  And hopefully, this development will encourage something to be build across the street.  At the moment it is nothing but an empty lot along with several decrepit houses.
Wasn't there a townhouse project proposed?
(02-12-2019, 01:37 PM)Spokes Wrote: Wasn't there a townhouse project proposed?

Was row houses on the lot that were being proposed as a heritage building years ago.   It was demolished 5 years ago?  Maybe the old development had townhouse project proposed?
Building permit issued (19-103444 MU). Mixed use, so retail on the ground floor.
(02-12-2019, 02:40 PM)Square Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 01:37 PM)Spokes Wrote: Wasn't there a townhouse project proposed?

Was row houses on the lot that were being proposed as a heritage building years ago.   It was demolished 5 years ago?  Maybe the old development had townhouse project proposed?

I thought a concept drawing of a ~3 floor stacked town project popped up within the last few years.  I'm remembering dark brick
(02-12-2019, 08:05 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:50 AM)Square Wrote: More info :  https://www.therecord.com/news-story/917...ener-core/

It's good to see more rental units being built.  And hopefully, this development will encourage something to be build across the street.  At the moment it is nothing but an empty lot along with several decrepit houses.

Excited for rental units!  When looking I options limited if I wanted to avoid renting an investment unit in a condo

I think your thinking of the original project across the street.
(02-13-2019, 09:06 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I think your thinking of the original project across the street.

What original project?  There are two different projects here.  This one and it's predecessors have always been around the 10 floor range on the opposite side of Weber from the courthouse.  There was another project leaked on the same side of the courthouse that I believe was stacked towns.
The building permit referenced above (19103444) is for the project across the street. I don't see anything online yet for this proposed development.
(02-16-2019, 09:49 PM)rangersfan Wrote: The building permit referenced above (19103444) is for the project across the street. I don't see anything online yet for this proposed development.

Probably because they are not in the zone for the exemption, so they don't have to hurry?
The last few posts seem very confusing re the location of this proposed project. This is the one on the north-east corner, no?
(02-17-2019, 09:47 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The last few posts seem very confusing re the location of this proposed project.  This is the one on the north-east corner, no?

That is what I thought.  It currently has a for sale sign on it indicating it is approved for an 11 story building as zoned.  The for sale sign clearly indicates the property is sold...

(02-17-2019, 09:47 AM)panamaniac Wrote: The last few posts seem very confusing re the location of this proposed project.  This is the one on the north-east corner, no?

Yes, I have created a thread for the other development across the street.
There's a couple of new images on the Dohere rendering company website. 

I'm not sure about copyright so I will just link the website:  https://www.dhrendering.com/ 

They also did the rendering for Garment St., Princess/Dorset and Westmount Square
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »