Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ophelia (242-262 Queen St S) | 11 fl | U/C
Photo 
Not sure I've seen this rendering before. Found it at the Downtown Urban Design Manual meeting.

Interesting to note the 5 parking spaces on the edge of the driveway area. Also, the colours here look much more grey than other renderings we've seen.

It's hard to make out what's happening by the front door, but i hope there's a little front plaza with seating area.

[Image: 25xTbQh.jpg]

Ugh, I don't like the way it looks crammed right into those houses.

I also think there's some fuzzing with the elevation here, I seem to recall there was a bit of a hill going back to the houses.
There is a "north/south" slope there, such that I imagine a retaining wall will be required on the "north" side of the lot. The render almost seems to show the reverse - a small slope down to the neighbouring property on the north.
(04-10-2019, 09:21 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Ugh, I don't like the way it looks crammed right into those houses.

I also think there's some fuzzing with the elevation here, I seem to recall there was a bit of a hill going back to the houses.

you say "crammed", I say "nestled"... lol
Are those front buildings commercial?
(04-10-2019, 10:20 AM)samnabi Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 09:21 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Ugh, I don't like the way it looks crammed right into those houses.

you say "crammed", I say "nestled"... lol

It's a fine line .... I probably shouldn't assume from renders.
(04-10-2019, 02:01 PM)Spokes Wrote: Are those front buildings commercial?
They will be residential duplexes, as I recall.

(01-17-2019, 10:57 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Updated renders below for the revised design, which preserves the two century houses:
I believe this is the same design as what I posted in January, see the link above. The renders from January appear to be much better quality, though, so I would tend to rely on those rather than this latest one.
There's a story on CBC today about One Roof's move for this project. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.5194094

Looks like they have a new location leased at Sheldon Avenue and King Street, and will be moving at the end of September.
(07-02-2019, 03:04 PM)taylortbb Wrote: There's a story on CBC today about One Roof's move for this project. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener...-1.5194094

Looks like they have a new location leased at Sheldon Avenue and King Street, and will be moving at the end of September.

I believe this will be the old BNS building at 1254 King St E. A good choice of location, still near the LRT but much less expensive than the core.
https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.4407935,-...312!8i6656

Meanwhile, the building permit has been issued to VIVE for the construction at 242-262 Queen St S.
They started demolition this week, they've been taking down the rear extensions from both houses. Definitely looks like they'll be ready to knock down One Roof as soon as it moves out.
Do they have a move out date that's public?
(08-10-2019, 06:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: Do they have a move out date that's public?

I seem to recall that they've found a new location out on King E, around Sydney?

(08-10-2019, 06:46 AM)Spokes Wrote: Do they have a move out date that's public?

Yep, end of September according to the CBC article that's linked a few posts up.
Thanks. I'd missed that article
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »