Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast Favourites
Are Fireside's portions still excessive? I used to find the amount of food they put on a plate pretty gross.

I always enjoyed Fireside.
(10-27-2019, 06:50 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Do any of the Salvadoran/Latin American places in town offer breakfast?

Pupuseria Latinos on Eby (by the Kitchener Market) does breakfast, both standard 'western' breakfast and an option with fried plantain. The Caribbean place in Market itself does a great breakfast too, with fried plantain and a dough 'dumpling' instead of toast.
(11-01-2019, 12:24 PM)goggolor Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 06:50 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Do any of the Salvadoran/Latin American places in town offer breakfast?

Pupuseria Latinos on Eby (by the Kitchener Market) does breakfast, both standard 'western' breakfast and an option with fried plantain. The Caribbean place in Market itself does a great breakfast too, with fried plantain and a dough 'dumpling' instead of toast.
Thanks, thats a great idea !!!
(11-01-2019, 12:24 PM)goggolor Wrote:

I see from their Facebook page that they also offer "Salvadoran enchiladas".   I think of a typical Salvadoran breakfast as including fried eggs, and refried beans topped with "crema", which is somewhere between sour cream and whipping cream.  I assume the fried plantain is the ripe (sweet) version?
Guanaquita has breakfast stuff on their menu too.
(11-01-2019, 08:46 PM)clasher Wrote: Guanaquita has breakfast stuff on their menu too.
Love them,  never knew the did breakfast though...  Thanks.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »