Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Deals and Awesome Finds
I am not normally one to post threads, but I was thinking perhaps we should have a thread regarding 'hot deals' found in the regions. Clearance at a Zehrs store? Morty's having a "special" special on wings in Waterloo? Continental Breakfast "Jeopardy" Special at the Old King Bistro in Kitchener? See some awesome deals at the outlet mall in Cambridge?

Finding awesome foods or furniture in St. Jacobs? Unique "things" in Elmira? Stuff like that. If you find a unique retail outlet, one of kind, post it!

Just an idea. This region has a lot to offer, but it's weird finding out about stuff on an American Network (CBS) -- in regards to Old King Bistro, and it's weird having someone from out-of-town go on and on about some place in the region that you never heard of.

Must admit I've never heard of the Old King Bistro. Has it been there long?
I think it's a good idea. I'm always up for a good deal
(04-03-2019, 10:18 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Must admit I've never heard of the Old King Bistro.  Has it been there long?

No, they're just going to be hitting their 2nd anniversary.

Needless to say, finding out about it on an American Network is odd.

The Jeopardy heading was "Continental Breakfast" and answer was "Poutine (plus other stuff) at Old King Bistro in Kitchener" for $400. "What is North America?" the contestant answered, which was correct. Obviously Jeopardy is meant to be hard, so you'd have to know that Kitchener was part of North America. That, or the contestant actually knew of the place (which is unlikely).
(04-04-2019, 10:41 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 10:18 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Must admit I've never heard of the Old King Bistro.  Has it been there long?

No, they're just going to be hitting their 2nd anniversary.

The Jeopardy heading was "Continental Breakfast" and answer was "Poutine (plus other stuff) at Old King Bistro in Kitchener" for $400. "What is North America?" the contestant answered, which was correct.  Obviously Jeopardy is meant to be hard, so you'd have to know that Kitchener was part of North America. That, or the contestant actually knew of the place (which is unlikely).

Or they realized Poutine = Canada = North America. Not that hard of a jump Smile

Does that place even sell Poutine?
(04-04-2019, 10:44 AM)bgb_ca Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 10:41 AM)jeffster Wrote: No, they're just going to be hitting their 2nd anniversary.

The Jeopardy heading was "Continental Breakfast" and answer was "Poutine (plus other stuff) at Old King Bistro in Kitchener" for $400. "What is North America?" the contestant answered, which was correct.  Obviously Jeopardy is meant to be hard, so you'd have to know that Kitchener was part of North America. That, or the contestant actually knew of the place (which is unlikely).

Or they realized Poutine = Canada = North America. Not that hard of a jump Smile

Yes, they have a breakfast poutine, and yes, I will be trying it.
For $400, it better be good! Big Grin

(04-04-2019, 10:52 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 10:44 AM)bgb_ca Wrote: Or they realized Poutine = Canada = North America. Not that hard of a jump Smile

Yes, they have a breakfast poutine, and yes, I will be trying it.

Interesting. I may have to as well one of these days.
By the sounds of it they wanted a relatively obscure Canadian city, that had a restaurant which sold poutine on its breakfast menu (to match the category). Not an easy fit, so this may have been one of the only options.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »